XF 2.0 How to install add-ons

Bigbang32

How will I go about installing add-ons I just tried by creating a folder called "addons" and put the file AssocitationMc into it, and when I go to the addons panel it says their are no addons to load or something.

I just installed my first add-on today and wasn't sure how to do this myself until I noticed the overlap between the directory structure resulting from the unzipping of the addon, and the directory structure where xf is installed. The key word was 'addon'. Poke around until you find it on both sides and go from there.

I first duplicated the structure needed from "addon" in and then copied the files up one at a time. It took a little while but I didn't mind the refresher on the xf structures.

I first duplicated the structure needed from "addon" in and then copied the files up one at a time. It took a little while but I didn't mind the refresher on the xf structures.
That's not necessary.

Just drag and drop all directories using your FTP client - they will merge and overwrite accordingly.

How does the ftp client know where to put everything?

The contents of upload folder are already in the correct hierarchy. Provided you have the correct prreferences in your FTP client folders are merged and any files that are uploaded, oeverwrite the older same files on your server.

As the folders merge, nothing inside them that is not in then upload will be deleted.

Top Bottom