1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 How to import auto articles from RSS (Rotoworld)

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Betclever, May 4, 2015.

1. Betclever

Betclever Active Member

Hello all,

How to import auto articles from RSS (Rotoworld) on the sidebar and via my free portal?

Thanks.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It would require a JS library that could pull from RSS or an add-on that would pull the RSS feed into the sidebar.

3. Betclever

Betclever Active Member

This is super technical for me but in fact, I want to put articles from some websites like rotoworld, espn,... so sport articles "automatically" on the portal so a new article will be made if a
    new article come on the website.

Is there any add-no to do what I want?

Regards,

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Well if you're just wanting to import RSS feeds to threads, you can use the "Feeder" system. Otherwise, it would require an add-on and I couldn't really speak to whether there's one that does what you need.

5. Betclever

Betclever Active Member

What's "feeder" and where can I find this, I'm sorry, it is the first time I read this so I'm not familiarized with this term...

Thanks for your help.

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

7. Betclever

Betclever Active Member

Thanks, I found it.

However, I don't have images and I have tried with 3 feeders so I don't understand why cause the images are present on the website on the articles but not on mines.
    What can I do to include images cause articles without images are too linear... ?

Thanks.