How to identify links with affiliate codes?

jonsidneyb

How to identify links with affiliate codes in them?

I really don't know what all the different types of affiliate codes look like. I plan on discouraging people from using codes in links on my forum.

Nope, it's not an affiliate link. Brand is the Kovea brand (check http://www.kovea.com/product.php?brand=1 ), there's no code which may be who knows what since they seem to use someone's e-commerce solution, and pno is the product number.
Affiliate links often have "aff" or "rid" or "ref" or "refid" or some such in it.

How to identify links with affiliate codes in them?

I really don't know what all the different types of affiliate codes look like. I plan on discouraging people from using codes in links on my forum.

Usually you'll see some sort of ID name or number listed in the link to track account holder click thu's, that's the biggest single give-away. It wouldn't bother me if a forum member used an affiliate link as their signature. They are posting for free on your forum so why not let them use something they might make a fast buck from. But keep it limited to signature links only, out of posts made?

Because it gives people an incentive to not be so truthful on the benefits of a product.

We have had a large number of businesses come in acting like there was a customer telling how much they liked XYZ better than ABC then I would later find out it was not a customer but the business. After I talked to them telling them that they can talk about the product only if they explain their relations ship the product they quit posting but then someone else came in and did the same thing.

How I first learned that this kind of thing was happening on my forum was when I got blasted with tons of PM's from MD's and EMT's that an emergency field clotting agent someone was making claims about was dangerous and someone was going to get hurt or killed if this kept getting promoted.

When money is involved people sometimes become less than honest in their claims. You can't believe everything you hear on a forum, now when people can be injured or die from it no way would I want it to continue. Now it is only a small items on my forum that is like this but when I started digging I found out a bunch of businesses and people trying to drum up sales was in my own forum competing with me.

I don't mind at all if a regular member comes in and tells him how much they like a product and it beats all others. Now if it is untrue and dangerous than I get worried. Now if it is someone that has an incentive to say how great it is they should reveal that there is the possibility of bias.

I walk away from money every single day because I think it is dishonest money. If I refuse to make money without full disclosure why should I let others? They can start their own forum if they want to be sneaky.

Usually you'll see some sort of ID name or number listed in the link to track account holder click thu's, that's the biggest single give-away. It wouldn't bother me if a forum member used an affiliate link as their signature. They are posting for free on your forum so why not let them use something they might make a fast buck from. But keep it limited to signature links only, out of posts made?

I should have read the whole thing. The ones I am concerned about are the ones that pretend to be something they are not.

Most of the businesses that come into the forum are not using affiliate links but do pretend to be a customer when they are not and are putting into posts.

Top Bottom