XF 1.2 How to have same look for categories under a forum?

But if i create a category under a forum, it looks like this:
http://i.imgur.com/88rYvVn.png
What you show is not a category... it's a node. Not quite understanding what you want to do.
The flow goes like this
Catetory
-----Node
-----Node
-------Node
Category
-----Node

Categories are just a container for (usually) similar node topics.

You can also have a Category defined under an actual node (forum) itself also.

Just to clear up any confusion, a category is a node.
As are forums, pages and link forums.

http://xenforo.com/help/nodes/
Agreed... but you can't say

Node
----Node
----Node
-----Node

and understand that some of those would be categories. In the example I gave they are separate entities. In the image he related what he was referring to as "Categories" are forum nodes... not Category nodes. o_O

Node what I mean Vern? (Pun on movie - albeit a moronic movie - lexicon meant). :D

Node
----Node
----Node
-----Node

and understand that some of those would be categories. In the example I gave they are separate entities. In the image he related what he was referring to as "Categories" are forum nodes... not Category nodes. o_O

Node what I mean Vern? (Pun on movie - albeit a moronic movie - lexicon meant). :D

are u picking on brogan? >.<

Node
----Node
----Node
-----Node

No, there are category node.

That's my test forum: http://ks3272374.kimsufi.com/testing/

Not quite understanding what you want to do.

I give you an example...if i want to organize all my forums, i use categories to separate them in home.

Now i want to categorize my subforums in categories like in homepage, but i can't because if i create a category under a forum, it looks like a forum node, not a category node.

Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand what i mean...

No, there are category node.

That's my test forum: http://ks3272374.kimsufi.com/testing/

I give you an example...if i want to organize all my forums, i use categories to separate them in home.

Now i want to categorize my subforums in categories like in homepage, but i can't because if i create a category under a forum, it looks like a forum node, not a category node.

Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand what i mean...
Think I understand what you mean now.
They are sub-categories. Hmmm... will install a test site and see how they style. I've honestly never done that before.

Basically I think the op is asking how to have a sub heading in forum level 2...I messed around a bit but it will require some template edits and some css trickery.

not hard read what brogan posted once you create a catagory, you can make some nodes (forums) to make subforums make child forums, also experiment with the siblings xenforo uses a great system so experiment with some things.

Think I understand what you mean now.
They are sub-categories. Hmmm... will install a test site and see how they style. I've honestly never done that before.

Have you tried?

not hard read what brogan posted once you create a catagory, you can make some nodes (forums) to make subforums make child forums, also experiment with the siblings xenforo uses a great system so experiment with some things.

Ok but with siblings and subforums i can't see the number of discussions/post and the last poster...what i want it's to have the standard system. With subforums i can't have that...

Basically I think the op is asking how to have a sub heading in forum level 2...I messed around a bit but it will require some template edits and some css trickery.

Unfortunately i'm not an expert coder. :-(

This example is exactly what i want! There are categories under other categories, but if you, this is the same category layout! How i can obtain that? If i try to create a category under a category, it looks very different...

It looks like he's modified some templates for sure. I don't get much into modding the templates as I usually get a style that I like and use what it utilizes. Have you thought about joining his site and starting a conversation with him to see if he will share?

Fix94 is a global mod over there (he's online now) and can probably tell you. I'm sure once you are a member you can view the members list and find who is shown as Staff/Administrator.

Top Bottom