1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 How to get Xenforo generate sitemap more often?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Nobitakung, May 2, 2016.

1. Nobitakung

Nobitakung Member

I checked the log, the interval is every 2 days, is this the time the sitemap be re-generate and submit to search engines? Is it possible to adjust it to every 6 or 12 hours?

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Adjust the frequency of the Cron entry in Admin CP > Tools > Cron Entries
  3. Nobitakung

Nobitakung Member

Many thanks.
  4. XenBurger

XenBurger Member

@Chris D - or anyone

What does "Any" mean on this cron entry page? Is that the same as "All" ?

It gives you the option:

- Any
    - Mon
    - Tue
    - Wed
    - Thu
    - Fri
    - Sat
    - Sun

So do you highlight all the "days" if you want it to run every day, or do you just select "Any" ?

Technically Any is grammatically wrong if its supposed to be equivilent to all. Any means it could run maybe Monday one week and maybe Friday another week.

My goal: I would like it to update the XML file hourly. Which options do I select to accomplish that?

See attached image - does this set it to:

1) Every day of the week
    2) Every hour of the day
    3) On the 1st minute of every hour?

Its really confusing........................

Attached Files:

5. Chris D

Day: Any
    Hour: Any
    Minute: 1
  6. XenBurger

XenBurger Member

@Chris D - Sorry to clarify, will those settings accomplish the above-stated goal?

'Any' day of the week 'any' hour of the day but EVERY 1 minute .... is it updating once an hour or once a minute?
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  7. Chris D

Yes, that will do it once an hour. The first minute of every hour as requested.
    XenBurger likes this.
  8. XenBurger

XenBurger Member

Thanks much. As always, appreciate the patience explaining things to the constant avalanche of newbies.