XF 1.5 How to get the "total online users count" globally

maxicep

Hello

I want to get "total online users now count" to my header in xenforo.
Also, i wanna get the total online user count to my custom portal software too.

Is there any add-on for that ? Or how is possible ?

Thanks

Last edited:

wang

Hello,

Unless I am mistalen, the number of total users online now in the sidebar is included in xenforo. If that is not what you meant, can you please screenshot it?

maxicep

My mistake, i mean in header not sidebar sorry.

I need get the numbers globally in header and my portal blog software both.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Add this to the sidebar_online_users template:
Code:
<xen:container var="$onlineUsers">{$onlineUsers.total}</xen:container>
You can then call it in the PAGE_CONTAINER template using:
Code:
{xen:number $onlineUsers}
But it will only work for pages which load the sidebar_online_users template.
It's really going to require custom development or an add-on to make it available everywhere.

maxicep

Add this to the sidebar_online_users template:
Code:
<xen:container var="$onlineUsers">{$onlineUsers.total}</xen:container>
You can then call it in the PAGE_CONTAINER template using:
Code:
{xen:number $onlineUsers}
And how is possible the call this counts in another php blog software ?

maxicep

Thank you for your help, i will go a custom development for that which uses text file cache.

Then for my portal software, i will get variables (current online visitors) from a text file in hosting that how many visitors online.

valdet

How do you get the total online users outside Xenforo so the php file reads from XF database

Here's how @LPH does it with Xenword to get the number of threads and posts, but I am unable to get it for the total of Currently Online users

PHP:
        echo '<dl class="pairsJustified discussions"><dt>Discussions:</dt><dd>' . XenForo_Locale::numberFormat( $total_counts['discussions'] ) . '</dd></dl>';
        echo '<dl class="pairsJustified messages"><dt>Messages:</dt><dd>' . XenForo_Locale::numberFormat( $total_counts['messages'] ) . '</dd></dl>';
I tried with this but it doesn't work, it just shows, Currently Online: 0
PHP:
        echo '<dl class="pairsJustified messages"><dt>Currently Online:</dt><dd>' . XenForo_Locale::numberFormat( $total_counts['total_online_users'] ) . '</dd></dl>';
There has to be a way how to call this number, because the xen:number phrase string for this is already present in sidebar_online_users template
total-online.png

<div class="footnote">
{xen: phrase online_now_x_members_y_guests_z_robots_a, 'total={xen:number $onlineUsers.total}', 'members={xen:number $onlineUsers.members}', 'guests={xen:number $onlineUsers.guests}', 'robots={xen:number $onlineUsers.robots}'}
</div>

Last edited:

LPH

First, create the model. Second use the getBoardTotalscounter() method. Finally, pull from the array.

PHP:
       /** @var $countersModel XenForo_Model_Counters */
        $countersModel = XenForo_Model::create( 'XenForo_Model_Counters' );
        $total_counts = $countersModel->getBoardTotalsCounter();
        echo '<div class="stats">';
        echo '<dl class="pairsJustified discussions"><dt>Discussions:</dt><dd>' . XenForo_Locale::numberFormat( $total_counts['discussions'] ) . '</dd></dl>';
        echo '<dl class="pairsJustified messages"><dt>Messages:</dt><dd>' . XenForo_Locale::numberFormat( $total_counts['messages'] ) . '</dd></dl>';
        echo '<dl class="pairsJustified members"><dt>Members:</dt><dd>' . XenForo_Locale::numberFormat( $total_counts['users'] ) . '</dd></dl>';