XF 1.1 how to find members not email verified?

usAdultAds

I signed up as a test user...
never got the email to verify the account...

Now I am looking under user options, and I see no options to
list members that have not verified their email. If i had not
known my username, then I can not see how or why that
user has not been email verified, and I do not want to waddle
from user account to user account to see whats up....

I thought they would show up under "users waiting approval" then
I think this is for members waiting manual approval? Maybe setup
another block for members that are not email verified....

unless I am just missing something, otherwise you have to hope that
those members are interested enough to even send you an email
saying they never got their verify email, and most may not even do that....

I think you are missing the point of a quick look (in one location) of who has not verified, rather
then having to do this one by one. to be honest if I had a busy forum, emails getting lost, there
is nothing to really show me that someone signed up, but they did not verify, then I have to
search random user accounts to see who made it, and who did not?

It does not make logical sense to manually search though member accounts to
find out who got email verified, and who did not, it would be time consuming
for a large forum, and like i said, and hope the member contacts you....

Either the unverified member needs to be dumped in "Users Awaiting Approval"
or another section needs to be setup "Users Awaiting Email Confirmation"

So if your only answer is to do some type of manual user search...
then I can safely say this would be a very poor solution to pull up unverified accounts....

User search - user state is Awaiting email confirmation

admin.php?users/search

Or use the Common Search dropdown top right.

I am not missing the point at all.

Perhaps you should perform the search I suggested and see what the result is before criticising and complaining even more?

Sometimes I wonder why I bother trying to help some people!

I'm sure you didn't make the wrong choice, but I do have to chime in and say that perhaps you need to read the advice that is given to you in more detail or inquire further before automatically assuming you've been told incorrect information or the system can't do what you want.

You may remember a similar misunderstanding we had in my Notifications add-on thread where you wanted to know how to do something, I explained, you misunderstood and suggested my product wasn't meeting your needs and then I explained it again and presumably that advice helped - but I'm not sure because you didn't let me know either way.

Chris,

I thought he was posting a link to do a search...
If he had said "goto advanced search, and you will find everything you need there"
then i would have been a closed matter....

and I did not respond to you chris as I no longer saw any reason to respond...
Your notice system implies that notices can be permanent, and that alone implies that...
but a permanent notice that can be dismissed is not really permanent, has this changed?
am I still misunderstanding something in this case?

hey people misunderstand; If i were running a business, and people come to me, and
I shoved this "misunderstand attitude" in their face; I would infact encourage them not
to come back, because I really do not appreciate their business anyway if I have that sort of attitude....
If this is how I treat people as a business or a forum, then I would expect them not to come back....

and chris, dont think I did not realize what you have done...
You threw me under the bus so you can defend brogan....
Is this how you run your business? You throw your clients under the bus....
I guess some people see business practices differently then others...
maybe you get glowing reviews for sacrificing clients, i dunno...
anways...

I'm sure you didn't make the wrong choice, but I do have to chime in and say that perhaps you need to read the advice that is given to you in more detail or inquire further before automatically assuming you've been told incorrect information or the system can't do what you want.

You may remember a similar misunderstanding we had in my Notifications add-on thread where you wanted to know how to do something, I explained, you misunderstood and suggested my product wasn't meeting your needs and then I explained it again and presumably that advice helped - but I'm not sure because you didn't let me know either way.

Top Bottom