1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to find all POLLS ?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by erich37, Aug 13, 2010.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

is there any chance to find ALL polls ?

maybe having a Link saying "Show my polls" / "Show all polls" ?
    GodForum.com likes this.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There's no option to do that.
  3. erich37

maybe build it in ?
    GodForum.com likes this.
  4. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Facepalmx2 and Nick like this.
  5. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

This seems more like an admin option if anything, I don't think I've ever had the urge to say,

"let me find a random poll to vote on".

If the forum is that dedicated towards polls I could just see a forum section dedicated towards polls possibly.
    Tigratrus likes this.
  6. Tigratrus

Tigratrus Well-Known Member

Exactly. I can't see a use for a "Find all Polls" function unless polls are a specific focus on the board in question. In that case, I think it'd be more effective to group them together in other ways.
  7. erich37

just an idea....
  8. Intuit

Intuit Member

IMO the idea is great, because in order for polls to show useful results, they need more than just a few votes. One solution is of course to have a separate subforum for polls, but "adding Is a poll" as a search condition would be better.
    Been Told and erich37 like this.
  9. erich37

well, FaceBook is having a separate Poll-section.
  10. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

This isn't Facebook.
  11. erich37

I know.
    It is a FaceForum :p
  12. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

This sounds like something nice for the modding community, but it's really not something that should be there by default. Some forums have a separate poll subforum, maybe that's something to consider?
  13. Intuit

Intuit Member

A separate poll subforum sometimes makes sense, but the best solution (in order to get enough votes) is sometimes to place a new poll in the subforum about the topic the poll is about, which is why I like the idea about adding 'poll' as a search criterion.