How to export member emails seperated by a comma?

TNCclubman

I want to generate a .txt file with all the users emails (between certain dates) and each one seperated by a comma. I currently do it in vB and import it into my phplist software for newsletters.

In xF, it generates a list, but its

email username
email username

etc.

Any idea how to get it to output in a different way? Even set the seperation syntax to other things besides a comma.

Thanks!

There isn't a way to do it from the ACP but you can manipulate the list in Excel easily enough to split the data into 2 coloumns, add a comma and then produce a list.

The other option would be to grab the email addresses directly from the database.

It's tab separated, because it can be easily brought into Excel, or taken directly to something like MailChimp (they support tab delimited files directly).

There isn't a way to do it from the ACP but you can manipulate the list in Excel easily enough to split the data into 2 coloumns, add a comma and then produce a list.

The other option would be to grab the email addresses directly from the database.

Im not too comfortable with excel to be able to do that.

I know phplist is the most popular mailing list software, has anyone had success exporting the emails from xF and into phplist?

What settings do you enter on the phplist side? How do you disregard the usernames from the emails?

No worries.
It would even be possible to build a template in Excel so all you would have to do is paste in the output from the ACP.

No worries.
It would even be possible to build a template in Excel so all you would have to do is paste in the output from the ACP.

I would be interested in this. Has someone achieved to make this excel template for a regular and easy export/import from XF into phpList?

You can export a list using phpmyadmin. Run this query using phpmyadmin:

Code:
SELECT username, email
FROM xf_user;

If you want to save the results then click Export at the bottom of the page in phpmyadmin after you run the query. It will give you lots of format options.

You can export a list using phpmyadmin. Run this query using phpmyadmin:

Code:
SELECT username, email
FROM xf_user;

If you want to save the results then click Export at the bottom of the page in phpmyadmin after you run the query. It will give you lots of format options.

Thanks.

How do I have to enhance this code, if I want to export only email addresses of valid users (verified email addresses) and users who are not banned?

Top Bottom