XF 1.2 How to delete reports (not reported threads)?

sbj

Could not find a way to do this.
How can I delete reports in reports section?

Actually, yes. In future not really. I created some reports to test it. Now I don't need the reports anymore and wanted to delete them. Not possible.
I think at least the admins should be able to delete reports.
What will we do if someone abuses reports and spams?
It will be annoying.

If you catch it in time, you can remove their permissions to report, other than that there's no real way to prevent that. The main page (recent reports) dwindles to only show reports within the last 24 hours, and anything past that is time based again. I've personally yet to run into issues.

Usually at night people sleep. No way to catch them always even with many modserators.

And the 24 hours part I didn't understand. How long will be the reports stored? Just 24 hours? Or will be the alerts shown just for 24 hours?

No, reports are stored indefinitely, just like posts are. If a report is active within the last 24 hours, it will show on the initial reports screen (open always stay there). After that, you need to hit "Closed Reports" to view reports that have been actioned on already.

Reactions: sbj
Didn't open my forum yet, that's why I don't have any experience. Thank you for explaining.
So, should I make a suggestion in suggestions section or can you maybe tell the developers about this issue?

I found this method. But I don't know how to run this.

Run these queries to prune all reports (and their comments) older than 30 days:

Code:
DELETE
FROM xf_report
WHERE last_modified_date < UNIX_TIMESTAMP() - 30*86400;

DELETE rc.*
FROM xf_report_comment AS rc
LEFT JOIN xf_report AS r ON (r.report_id = rc.report_id)
WHERE r.report_id IS NULL;

I also came looking for a way to delete reports. My reason is that I installed an add-on called "Alter Ego" which is meant to show the Staff when someone is logging in with more than one account. (We don't allow it).

Problem is, Alter Ego created a report (because I checked the option) that ALL mods can see, even mods that are mods of a single forum. Reports are supposed to be viewable by Mods that moderate the specific forum(s) related to a post report. THis, however, is not a report related to a post, so apparently ALL mods could see it.

I meant for Super Mods and Admins to see this feature (and the reports), the general public is not meant to know it exists or if someone wants to hide their identity (not allowed at our forum) they will find ways to circumvent it. (yes... we've disabled it now from creating reports, but after several NON-SuperMods commented on the Alter Ego Reports that showed up, the Reports are still there visible to any Mod that Clicks Reports.)

If I cannot delete a Report, then it will be common knowledge we have this tool deployed.

Reactions: sbj
I'm also curious what happens if a post is reported, then you physically delete the post. If the report is maintained, then what happens if we try to view the report again later? I am under the impression that the report view will be broken or useless because the original post is missing.

Top Bottom