How To Customize Login Page?

DRE

I made my site private but it shows an error for guests instead of just a plain login page.

How do I customize my forum's login page? I don't want to show the red error notice or the phrase The 8th Legion - Error above it. What template do I need to edit for the login page?

I agree the wording "Error" is not very inviting to new users. Which wording can we use instead?

is it o.k. to re-name the phrase Error for the login page, but having th wording "Error" shown when there is a real "Error" ?
Or is this one phrase used at multiple places ?

I don't need that login page anymore since I made the site public. revolution's login page is like that because the whole site is private and invite only.

I agree the wording "Error" is not very inviting to new users. Which wording can we use instead?

is it o.k. to re-name the phrase Error for the login page, but having th wording "Error" shown when there is a real "Error" ?
Or is this one phrase used at multiple places ?
You can edit the word out Via templates: Admin Control Panel -> Appearance -> Styles & Templates -> Templates -> error_with_login

Find :

Rich (BB code):
<xen:h1>{$xenOptions.boardTitle} - {xen:phrase error}</xen:h1>

Replace the red highlighted text with your own custom phrase or text, ;)

Although, there is a user-friendly notice below ("Incorrect Password. Please try again."), :LOL:

----

Untitled.webp

PS. I assume the current phrase was used multiple times.

You can edit the word out Via templates: Admin Control Panel -> Appearance -> Styles & Templates -> Templates -> error_with_login

Find :

Rich (BB code):
<xen:h1>{$xenOptions.boardTitle} - {xen:phrase error}</xen:h1>

Replace the red highlighted text with your own custom phrase or text, ;)

Although, there is a user-friendly notice below ("Incorrect Password. Please try again."), :LOL:

----

View attachment 28890

PS. I assume the current phrase was used multiple times.

Many thanks for your help!

Is it possible for the field "name" to be changed to "user name" in the registration/login page. I have quite a few users asking me to change their username saying that they were asked for name instead of username, else they wouldnt input their real names... o_O

Is it possible for the field "name" to be changed to "user name" in the registration/login page. I have quite a few users asking me to change their username saying that they were asked for name instead of username, else they wouldnt input their real names... o_O

go to your Admin-Panel (ACP) and go to:

ACP > Appearance > Phrases

and then search for the phrase "name".

Change the wording in the box named "Phrase text" towards "Username".

Reactions: vij
I have made my Forum so, that "View Thread Content" is revoked for "guests".

Now when clicking the Forum-Thread, it shows the "Log in or Signup"-form with the red-colored Error-Message atop named "You must be logged-in to do that."

Question:
How do I hide / remove / delete this red-colored "Error Box" which says "You must be logged-in to do that." ?

Appreciate your help!

I love that registration/login page. How do you do something like that ontop of XenForo to make a private registration or invite only required system? Love it!

Top Bottom