1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Customize Login Page?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by DRE, Apr 15, 2012.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I made my site private but it shows an error for guests instead of just a plain login page.

How do I customize my forum's login page? I don't want to show the red error notice or the phrase The 8th Legion - Error above it. What template do I need to edit for the login page?

2. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I want a login page like revolutiontt.me

3. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

That is a cool looking login page!

The8thLegion likes this.
  4. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

I agree the wording "Error" is not very inviting to new users. Which wording can we use instead?

is it o.k. to re-name the phrase Error for the login page, but having th wording "Error" shown when there is a real "Error" ?
    Or is this one phrase used at multiple places ?

5. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

That IS a great looking login page though (revolutiontt.me). Any help on how to create it?

6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I don't need that login page anymore since I made the site public. revolution's login page is like that because the whole site is private and invite only.

7. M@rc

M@rc Well-Known Member

You can edit the word out Via templates: Admin Control Panel -> Appearance -> Styles & Templates -> Templates -> error_with_login

Find :

Code:
    <xen:h1>{$xenOptions.boardTitle} - {xen:phrase error}</xen:h1>
    Replace the red highlighted text with your own custom phrase or text, ;)

Although, there is a user-friendly notice below ("Incorrect Password. Please try again."), :LOL:

----

Untitled.png

PS. I assume the current phrase was used multiple times.

DRE and erich37 like this.
  8. erich37

Many thanks for your help!

9. vij

vij Active Member

Is it possible for the field "name" to be changed to "user name" in the registration/login page. I have quite a few users asking me to change their username saying that they were asked for name instead of username, else they wouldnt input their real names... o_O

10. erich37

go to your Admin-Panel (ACP) and go to:

ACP > Appearance > Phrases

and then search for the phrase "name".

Change the wording in the box named "Phrase text" towards "Username".

vij likes this.
  11. vij

vij Active Member

Thank you erich!

How can I change the phrase "Your name or email address:" to "Username or email address:" from the dropdown at the top

12. erich37

just do the same as before, but search for the phrase "name_or_email"

vij likes this.
  13. vij

vij Active Member

Edited both name_or_email and your_name_or_email. Worked :)

erich37 likes this.
  14. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

How can I force a style on this page only?

15. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

16. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I only need one for the error_with_login template.

I basically just want to customize my login page whenever I have the site turned off from guests.

The error_with_login page is what shows to guests.

17. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

18. erich37

I have made my Forum so, that "View Thread Content" is revoked for "guests".

Now when clicking the Forum-Thread, it shows the "Log in or Signup"-form with the red-colored Error-Message atop named "You must be logged-in to do that."

Question:
    How do I hide / remove / delete this red-colored "Error Box" which says "You must be logged-in to do that." ?

Appreciate your help!