Hello,Hello Staff Members,
With xenForo nearing it's first Stable Release, I find it useful to write something new for this thread: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/before-reporting.477/
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/before-reporting.477/That's why I wrote this, maybe you can find it useful and stick it there?
It contains everything (in my eyes) for a good bug report
Please only reply to this thread with suggestions to make these rules better or suggest new ones.
Here's a guide on how to file a good bug report.
The better the bug report, the easier the bug can be found and fixed.
Here's how a bug report should look:
- The title should be descriptive yet short. A brief but descriptive title.
- In the post, provide all the information you can give. Nothing is unimportant.
- Please provide as much screenshots as possible.
- If you know a possible fix, feel free to provide it, maybe you're even smarter than the developer?
- Please let us know what xF Versions are affected. If you only tested it on one version, say so.
- Please tell us what browser you are using, we also need the version number of the browser. Browser versions can mostly by found in the "About BrowserName" section.
- Please provide the URL of your board, so we can check it ourself. If you don't feel like sharing, you can always send it to a staff member.
- Before filing the bug report, it can come handy to revert your templates or to reupload some affected files. This may fix your issue.
- Please tell us what you did exactly. Try and tell us in steps so we can try to reproduce it.
If this is done, I'm guessing Bug Fixing will go even smoother