• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 How to change visited thread color

Hello ,

I would like to change visited thread color from dark blue to something else ,Which style settings do i have to change for that ?.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Generally, links and visited links in XF are the same colour, regardless of where they are used.

You can override this in the EXTRA.css template, e.g.
Code:
a:visited
{
    color: red !important;
}
This would actually affect all visited links across the entire board. To specifically affect only the thread list, the CSS will need to be more specific:
Code:
.discussionListItem .titleText .title a:visited
{
    color: red;
}
Change "red" to another colour or hex/RGB value as desired.

Generally, links and visited links in XF are the same colour, regardless of where they are used.

You can override this in the EXTRA.css template, e.g.
Code:
a:visited
{
    color: red !important;
}
This would actually affect all visited links across the entire board. To specifically affect only the thread list, the CSS will need to be more specific:
Code:
.discussionListItem .titleText .title a:visited
{
    color: red;
}
Change "red" to another colour or hex/RGB value as desired.
Im so sorry to bother you again and its my fault for not explaining better , What i want to do exactly is change the color of the thread if there is a new message to read to a color and if there is no message to read to a different color .

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
The second code block above does the latter half of that, you would just have to remove the ":visited" bit. Then it will just apply to all threads that have no unread messages.
Code:
.discussionListItem.unread .titleText .title a
{
    color: orange;
}
The additional code above applies to threads which have unread messages.