RM 1.1 HOW TO CHANGE THE NAME TO DOWNLOADS

farmglitch

Yes I did change every single phrase so that the word download takes the place of resource manager. Yes I deleted all cookies and history. It is still not working. Am I missing something here. Seems like a simple solution but yet I cannot get it to work.

What specifically is not reflecting the change to Downloads?

Changing phrases is the only thing that needs to be done. If it hasn't worked you've either missed a phrase or changed the wrong language.

Go to appearance >> phrases.

Edit the following phrases:

Resource (change to Download)

Resources (change to Downloads)

There may be other instances you may need to change, but that should be a start.

can I just get rid of the tab and use the route changer? This is quite frustrating doing the same thing over and over again and it still not working. Is there other solutions that I could try?

Either should work.

I suspect your installation may have some more sinister issues if things aren't saving.

Is this a test installation or your live server? Have you tried disabling all add-ons (apart from the RM) and tried again?

Ok I am going to try and reinstall the resource manager. But seriously I realize that this is the easiest way to change the name but for some reason it doesn't work for me. Are you telling me that this is the only way? I cannot just get rid of the resource tab and use Jakes nodes as tabs to make a new tab with a different name. Can you tell me how to make the tab disappear all together. Thanks

What can be easier than just changing the phrase?

Making a tab disappear, then using another add-on to add it just seems like a long way around to achieve something simple.

Yes. Reinstalling the Resource Manager might be a good idea.

To answer your earlier questions, the master value is what the value is in the Master Language (e.g. the original value before changes). A phrase will turn red when they have been edited. Save and Save and Reload as I said earlier, either should work.

Ok I am going to try and reinstall the resource manager. But seriously I realize that this is the easiest way to change the name but for some reason it doesn't work for me. Are you telling me that this is the only way? I cannot just get rid of the resource tab and use Jakes nodes as tabs to make a new tab with a different name. Can you tell me how to make the tab disappear all together. Thanks

Since you are dealing with an add on by XenForo, it might be worth submitting a support ticket in the customer area with log in details so you can get a staff member to look into it for you.

I have sent support tickets and they just keep saying what brogan says. It works just do it that way. BUT IT DOESN'T WORK!!! Seems the only support I get around here are from the other members not the staff!! Thanks chris ill send you an admin login.

You haven't been following the instructions correctly because I have just managed to make the change no problem.

I have undone the change so you can have another go at doing it properly.

Once you have found the phrase titled "resources", you simply click on it to edit it. You need to change the phrase text ONLY. Do not change the phrase title.

Top Bottom