XF 2.1 How to change order of month and year in Pikaday title

Aivaras

It'd be great if the ordering of the year and month values in the title of Pikaday followed the locale settings. I need the year to precede the month like so:
1577117814356.png

instead of the default:
1577117830971.png

I don't see an HTML template in ACP (XF2) allowing me to achieve this. Do you know of a way to re-order month and year in the title of Pikaday?

celebrir

Hi, after a long search I have found something that might help you.

After searching the whole XenForo directory for the phrase "pika-single" I found that (almost?) the entire Pikaday is created in a single JS file. This explains why you can't find any Templates for it, neither public nor admin.

If you navigate to js\vendor\pikaday\pikaday.js you'll find the following:
On line 391 the Month select label is created.
On Line 406 the Year select label is created.

I am not going to fiddle with them around but swapping them (and making a few adjustments) should do the trick.

Have fun.

Now if only someone could help me with my Styling & Customization Question thread 🤔

Aivaras

Yes, I'm aware of the method you've suggested. The problem with editing files directly is one has to re-edit them every time XF is updated as the files get overwritten with the new ones.

Ideally XF should look in ACP > Appearance > Languages > Edit language > Date format and adjust the order of year and month in Pikaday accordingly. May be I should make a suggestion?

celebrir

Then why didn't you say that? It would have saved me quite some time -.-

Anyway, seeing how some of the other JS code looks like it should be possible to use the time format variable.
I just doubt that it is important enough because it's purely cosmetic.

What's worse in my opinion is that you enter yyyy-mm-dd in the input field instead of dd-mm-yyyy (like Germans are used to).