1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 How to change forum name color?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Ryszard Stepien, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Any one can help me to change forum name color, and image beside it?
    I've attached this image to help You to understand what I am talking about:

[​IMG]

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Style Properties > General > Link

3. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

As for the node icon you can do this
    Code:
    /* General Topic forum icons */
    .node.node_272 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node.node_272 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
        background-image: url("images/nodes/news.png");
        background-position: 0px 0px;
        opacity: 0.4;
    }
    .node.node_272 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node.node_272 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
        background-image: url("images/nodes/news.png");
        background-position: 0px 0px;
    }
    where the first one is the read icon (which by my example uses the same image but has an opacity defined to it) and the second is the unread one with no opacity.
    The 272 is the forum ID number (you can get this by going into your ACP -> Applications -> Display Node Tree and click on the forum you are wanting to do and find the number of it in the address bar.

As for the forum name colors, I think you can only do them globally (applies to all) via the ACP -> Styles Properties -> Forum / Nodes List and choose the colors for Node Title & Node Title Unread.

4. Thank You,
    I'd like to change only one forum name color as I show on the picture, any options?

5. Tracy Perry

Am investigating now. It's going to have to be kind of like what you do with the node icons - but I have to find the correct CSS for it.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  6. Tracy Perry

For the read ones you would use
    Code:
    .node.node_272 .nodeTitle a{
    color:green !important;
    }

.node.node_272 .unread .nodeTitle a{
    color:blue !important;
    }
    where the # again corresponds to the node number. In fact, I just implemented the unread portion on my forum to highlight the News forum for unread posts. :p

7. OK perfect
    thank You

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  8. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

In your extra.css template.