XF 1.5 How to batch delete huge number of items in moderation queue

jauburn

I've had my board closed for a couple of weeks--long enough to allow members to retrieve any original work they wish to keep before I shut the site down permanently. In recent days, the moderation queue of this closed board has ballooned, for some reason, to hold almost 2,000 items. I have no idea of why this is happening. But before I take the board offline, I want to delete all of the moderation queue items in case I restore the forum at some point. How can I do this?

Thanks.

moderation.png

jauburn

You may want to look into your permission settings. I suspect that's what's pushing everything into the queue.
Which permission setting? Those settings are a hornet's nest.

Also, I haven't changed any permission settings for months. Why would this be happening now--and when the board has been dormant for weeks?

You can use a bit of help from the browser if you just want to select the delete option for everything: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...osts-in-moderation-queue.116623/#post-1070521
The moderation queue seems to be filling up with existing posts. I wouldn't want to delete them.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
You did mention deleting them in the first post. If you want to approve them, you can try:
Code:
$('input[type="radio"][value="approve"]').click();
I don't think there's anything that will unpublish a post out of the box. It can be done with inline moderation, but it has to be done by hand. That wouldn't be a permission thing. I can only guess there may be an add-on involved?

jauburn

You did mention deleting them in the first post. If you want to approve them, you can try:
Code:
$('input[type="radio"][value="approve"]').click();
I don't think there's anything that will unpublish a post out of the box. It can be done with inline moderation, but it has to be done by hand. That wouldn't be a permission thing. I can only guess there may be an add-on involved?
I now have 2,079 posts in the moderation queue. It appears that the string you gave me selects these one screen at a time. If that's the case, I would be here for days going through this process. Isn't there something I can run on the database to get rid of all this stuff?

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Unfortunately no, there's a lot of work that needs to be done to (re)approve this content. It's not just a matter of removing it from the queue; it has to do a lot of recalculations.

jauburn

Unfortunately no, there's a lot of work that needs to be done to (re)approve this content. It's not just a matter of removing it from the queue; it has to do a lot of recalculations.
Okay. Glad I've removed myself from the forum admin business. Too much friggin' work.

Thanks for your help.

jauburn

You may also want to log on to my board, though, and try to find out what bug has caused this. It may be something you want to correct in a future release.