XF 1.5 How to auto tag threads based on their title

I realize this is a tardy reply, but I think the Batch Update Tags add-on will perform this request.
I've used that add-on and it's really useful but it won't help in this case unless a person does manual searches for each batch of threads they want to update. To clarify that, if you wanted to automatically update all threads that have the word "ford" in the the thread to also have "ford" as a tag then, yes, you could use the add-on to search for all threads with "ford", update the tag, but then you'd have to do the same thing over & over again for "chevy", "gmc", "jeep" and so on. The OP is after a way of automating the process.

I have been looking for this as well. As @Kevin pointed out i have used the method described in his post but its extremely tedious. Would be great to have a blacklist of words in the title not to autotag and perform autotag on the rest.

Looks like nobody has solved this?
Strange, because my titles are the best source for tags.
Is there really no addon to walk trough all existing threads and use the title as a base for tags?

Looks like nobody has solved this?
Strange, because my titles are the best source for tags.
Is there really no addon to walk trough all existing threads and use the title as a base for tags?

No. It seems not to be possible for me to fetch the title only;
you can set up

word-count 1:
title: yes

then you will get a lof garbage from at least the first post, but not always the complete title.

I have watched the code a minute ago and comment the line that adds the posts; so i hope to fetch the titles only now in a first run, then i run it again with the posts.

There is also a problem to add thread title to existing tags;

Title: Paris, Rom, London, Dublin
Tags: Rom, London, Dublin
Suggested: nothing

/*
if (!empty($params['include_title']))
{
$text = $thread['title'] . ' ';

}
else
{
$text = '';
}
*/
$text = $thread['title'] . ' ';

If comment this if/then, i get to many tags, because all possible tags of the thread title are suggested, but i have also the ones that i dont have.

To have only the title, i also commnt

/* Concatenate posts */
foreach($posts AS $post)
{
//$text .= ' ' . $post['message'];
}
unset($posts);

Then i walk trough all threads, get all possible tags from the titles;
then i change back the source code and use the addon like normal.

To repeat it:

It should be possible to have
word count:1
title:yes

to fetch only the titles.

also there is a fault in the compare of "title" and "used tags";
here i miss words from my titles as suggestion. I will try to find the problem later, anyway my way solves my problem for now.

Top Bottom