How to add Recent Activity Tab?

Regina Ortega

Hello, how can i add recent activity tab? im not talking about What's new, which show the new forums, im talking about the last post made by the users no matter if thread is new or old.

Wouldn't that be re-inventing the wheel? Users can click on the arrow beside their forum name on the top bar and then select Your Content.
There is a resource out that shows how to make a custom tab at http://xenforo.com/community/resources/how-to-add-a-custom-tab.698/ but I'm not sure exactly where you would point (and how you would get the user #) to point it at the Your Content area. You would point it at /search/member?user_id=<member ID here>, but I'm not sure how to get the member ID into that.
If deciding to do this, I would recommend installing TMS if you haven't already. That way you can try different stuff out without it impacting the original template.

In the second code example he gives you may be able to do something with the following code. It is directly out of the navigation_visitor_tab
Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link search/member, '', 'user_id={$visitor.user_id}'}">{xen:phrase your_content}</a></li>

Like this:
Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/threads', '', 'days=7'}">{xen:phrase cta_latest_threads}</a></li>

I have a link on the navbar which does that - edit the navigation template to add it.

And, thanks to the (as usual) great info from Brogan and Jake, here is a TMS edit that will give you the last 7 days posts and show it as "New Posts" on the bar. Just make a new phrase called cta_latest_threads with the data of New Posts. The TMS edit will place it adjacent to the Forum listing.
Edit to credit Jake for something I hadn't seen before - I sometimes HATE the search feature and what it doesn't pull up - it should know what I need, not what I ask for. :p

1.webp2.webp

Top Bottom