How to actually code a style?

DFx

I've been with Xenforo for about 2 months now. I've tryed many different themes, which all look the same and I decided I'd try a different approach. How do you code a Xenforo style from a mere PSD? Would you export each image and then code it into the xml? Or just change a style to fit the image? How would I start if I wanted to code it from scratch? I haven't seen any guides or tutorials regarding this, at least from me.

Well there's really no set tutorial for coding a style from scratch that I know of because every design could be approached a different manner. I typically start with the foundation, header/footer, then proceed to the navigation and the content, but utilize the style properties as much as you can.

Do you have any coding experience what so ever?

Well there's really no set tutorial for coding a style from scratch that I know of because every design could be approached a different manner. I typically start with the foundation, header/footer, then proceed to the navigation and the content, but utilize the style properties as much as you can.

Do you have any coding experience what so ever?
I'm fluent in HTML, PHP, Javascript, and Ruby. I'm not so great in css, but I'm a fast learner.

Once you've got the design you'll have to break it down into elements, find out what you can change without touching the templates first, and then change the templates later if need be.
Being fluent in HTML isn't going to help you with the design side of things, as it's more structure than design.

Top Bottom