How stable is XenForo 2 now?

TLDR

Hi!

You released XF2 as a stable version and I cannot wait to upgrade my forums to the new generation. Only thing I need is Tapatalk and a language pack.

But now I was looking into the bug forum and it got somewhat crowded there since release, so I wonder if you would recommend using XF2 or rather wait for the first update or so?

Maybe someone who tried it has some experience :)

Thanks!

XF2 is stable, that's why it is no longer a Release Candidate. There will likely always be bug reports, generally these tend to be minor issues. If you wait until there are absolutely no bug reports you'll be waiting a very long time!

Having said that, if you need to wait for updates to add-ons and language packs then it's best to hold off until they are released.

Thanks for your reply!
XF2 is stable, that's why it is no longer a Release Candidate
You know, I have faith in Kier, Mike and Chris, but I also saw what Apple called "stable" with iOS 11 ;) Thus the question.
If you wait until there are absolutely no bug reports you'll be waiting a very long time!
I am aware of that and that is not my ultimate goal because I do know there is no bug-free software (except for trivial programs maybe). I was rather wondering about how usable it is in general, how solid upgrade process is and such.
Having said that, if you need to wait for updates to add-ons and language packs then it's best to hold off until they are released.
That I will do no matter what :)

Top Bottom