How okay are people with crowd-finding XF addons?

...oh, and to add to my "musts" before personal funding... Would it be possible to please relocate the copyright, or add the option to have it display somewhere else? I'm all fine and dandy with you having one, but hate it in its current location. That is the only reason I refuse to use it as is now.

Just a thought.

This, I am all about advertising that I use XenPorta (or will be here in a few hours when the new site launches). But I would prefer to do so in the copyright section below my footer. Even buying the product I would be proud to wear a badge for this sort of thing.

My main wishlist item would be instead of the html blocks that you can install we actually be able to generate html blocks on the fly. This would help some of the nubs making a basic announcement block. Its fine now for pasting in html code that already exists though. Just not as friendly as vbadvanced in that state.

I'd be interested in putting down $100.00.

Maybe you could work out a perks tree? Name on a public list of backers and maybe copyright free branding, etc?

I can invest into this 300$ if you build an article system in the home. Like that you can have a "lite portal", instead to link to a topic. I need to have the articles on home and topic in the forums separated. That's in my opinion is the major limit of Xenporta.

I can invest into this 300$ if you build an article system in the home. Like that you can have a "lite portal", instead to link to a topic. I need to have the articles on home and topic in the forums separated. That's in my opinion is the major limit of Xenporta.

Xenporta used to let you do this (if I understand you correctly).

You could make "secondary" home pages but @Jaxel removed that functionality for some reason.

Xenporta used to let you do this (if I understand you correctly).

You could make "secondary" home pages but @Jaxel removed that functionality for some reason.

Why? I think that's actually the major limit of Xenporta.

Now you can only link threads in the home. Yes, you can customize the layout, but there are simply thread in the forum.

I suggest to create the possibility to have articles with own path (like articles, topics etc.) in the "homepage" separated by the forum.

If you do that, i have no problem to give you $300. And i'm sure that many users will give you money...Because many of us need a "lite portal", with the possibility to have a site/blog in the homepage.

I want to know if there are other users that need a bit more that a simple splash page but doesn't need a full cms like Wordpress or Joomla (because i think that a Xenforo addon is better than a sync of 2 different platform for various reasons).

Just a Lite Portal with article management in home.

Like this site. For every article you can comment with your forum account.

This is a news. And here you can see the comments.

The news/articles and the topics are logically separated.

I don't think that this need many work...and IMHO is very useful. With this feature we doens't need an official site.

Please like this post if you need a feature like this in Xenporta and would pay for that!

But the pages are linked to category slugs now.

I think that removed a lot of the usefulness as previously they could be secondary homepages for various things but if I understand how it works now, they can only be used for categories?

I want to know if there are other users that need a bit more that a simple splash page but doesn't need a full cms like Wordpress or Joomla (because i think that a Xenforo addon is better than a sync of 2 different platform for various reasons).

Just a Lite Portal with article management in home.

Like this site. For every article you can comment with your forum account.

This is a news. And here you can see the comments.

The news/articles and the topics are logically separated.

I don't think that this need many work...and IMHO is very useful. With this feature we doens't need an official site.

Please like this post if you need a feature like this in Xenporta and would pay for that!
Would this work for you?:) This COULD be extra portal 1.3 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
How are these article pages created???

1. create articles layout
  2. create your categories, update your article posts with desired categories
  3. place newscategories block in sidebar, recommend starting with portal layout
  4. create articles-<category> layout to give you even more control

Last edited:
Top Bottom