How often do you use "Mark Forums Read" ? or Do you use What's new ?

How often do you use "Mark Forums Read" ? or Do you use What's new ?

• I use "Mark Forums Read" on all Forums and Subforums alot (heavy user)

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • I use "Mark entire Forum Read" alot (heavy user)

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • I use "Mark Forums Read" on a forum where I am a moderator, but rarely in other situations (mod user

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • I use rarely ever use "Mark Forums Read" (No)

Votes: 29 34.1%
  • What is "Mark Forums Read" ? (No)

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • I use What's New to see new content (No)

Votes: 36 42.4%
  • Do you feel your users use "Mark Forums Read" alot ? (Yes for users)

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Do you feel your users rarely use "Mark Forums Read" alot ? (No for users)

Votes: 26 30.6%

• Total voters
Members aren't always interested in every single thread. Using Mark Forums read means that, after they have read the ones they are interested in and then used Mark Forums read on the rest, they can then easily see when they return to the forum if there are new posts since their last visit.

I use Mark Forums read a lot on here. I read what I'm interested in and then Mark Read all of the rest. It makes the New Posts feature more useful too as it only shows new posts since my last visit rather than a bunch of unread posts from a previous visit that I'm not interested in.
Does Reddit have a Mark Forums Read ? LOL.

It honestly just depends on the forums topics, but most of the time I mark forums read. But, then I find out that the topics are rather interesting so I then regret marking them read.

I see mobile Xenforo theme has [Mark Forums Read] displayed VERY prominently. Like it's the most important function of a forum.

This thread, and just basic forum knowledge, clearly shows the vast minority of users can at all about Marking Forums Read.

Admins, Forum Rats, the people who will read this thread .... a minority of even them care about Mark Forums Read.

I then ask you ... why does [Mark Forums Read] occupy such prime real estate in Xenforo 2.0 default theme ?

Forums should curb back on features that people don't care about. So, in a needs analysis, if you care about the 93+% of users that aren't forum rats, Mark Forums Read should disappear entirely.

I don't expect that to happen. For many reasons. #1 is Xenforo Ltd. loves Mark Forums Read for it's own use.

But that shouldn't be enough to make the default forum theme keep this seldom used feature.

For all the people who don't use Mark Forums read and aren't reading this ... Please vote #4 and #5.

For all the forum rats and admins, please gush over how often you use Mark Forums Read.
IMG_2021.webp
I see Reddit doesnt have a Mark Forums Read. Amazing they survived.

Top Bottom