How *not* to speak with a British accent.

Shamil

Here's a video I trudged up. It apparently is mean to teach you how to speak with the British accent. I advise you otherwise. Have fun!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So, what do you think?

One of the reasons I have found it really hard to get into Lost (TV show) is all the attrocious fake Aussie accents (not from Claire - who is an Aussie, abet a bogan one ;p )

Simple rule.. if it doesn't come naturally... don't try to fake it, people will ALWAYS know.

One of the reasons I have found it really hard to get into Lost (TV show) is all the attrocious fake Aussie accents (not from Claire - who is an Aussie, abet a bogan one ;p )

Simple rule.. if it doesn't come naturally... don't try to fake it, people will ALWAYS know.
In most cases anyway. Some people are really, really good at accents. :p

It's like an Irish author I like trying to do conversations between people in the U.S. It only looks authentic if you aren't from the U.S.

Oh bugger, linked to wrong video. Link corrected. sorry.

What was the third word she tried to pronounce? I couldn't make it out in either accent, but it sounded like something we would call someone running a xenforosucks.com site to my ear :eek:

Thanks for posting that up, the office are wetting themselves laughing over it.

Someone should tell her the carrot is optional
roflmao.gif

Hi Guys

I learnt to talk speak with a British accent a while back and have been using it for some time now, it works great on American cops for getting out of a speeding ticket :D

Regards

Dereck

Well I'm British and I speak with a southern accent. (which I believe she's trying to mimic, but is failing miserably at hehe)

I think "barbie" was supposed to be bobby.. and the third word in was thought...... I'm English and I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk the way she is. "The dawg is lost in the fawg"...we don't speak that way!!!!

She's managed to combine about 6 of them in there, badly.

It's like cockney, mancunian, yorkshire, lancashire, queens English all rolled into one.
Americans have 5 major dialects and 25 subdialects within those 5 major ones. From what I found, England (not including Scotland and Ireland) has 5 major dialects as well but only 10 subdialects within those 5 major ones.  I may have miscounted but not by much. 

The thing is, she is using the generic "American" used by actors that is not a true American accent.  

Liz

For me, where english is'n my native language, the very British accent sounds terrible. :D Sorry about ...
For my ears, it is difficult to understand.
The American English from the east coast sounds simple, soft and beautiful. ;)

Top Bottom