How much programming knowledge is needed

Borgia

Hi guys,

Just to say that I am not sure where this question best sits so feel free to move. I am planning to purchase XenForo shortly and start a forum for the first time. However, my knowledge of programming is non-existent, and I was wondering how much I would need to know. I have identified books on HTML, XHTML and CSS as well as PHP and MySQL which I very happy to purchase so I can learn. However, I just did not want to spend hours doing this only to find that I do not actually need most of the information due to auto-installers etc. So I would be grateful for advice please. Thank you.

You don't need to know how to program, the forum will install automatically, but you need to have PHP and MYSQL support at your host, and of course FTP, so you can upload all the files to your domain. Just write here, and we'll help.

The software is very easy to use Borgia, you don't need any programming skills at all :)

As wii said, it will automatically install, you will just need to do a few clicks... unless you want to actually modify the software you won't need to know any programming.

:)

Hi guys,

Just to say that I am not sure where this question best sits so feel free to move. I am planning to purchase XenForo shortly and start a forum for the first time. However, my knowledge of programming is non-existent, and I was wondering how much I would need to know. I have identified books on HTML, XHTML and CSS as well as PHP and MySQL which I very happy to purchase so I can learn. However, I just did not want to spend hours doing this only to find that I do not actually need most of the information due to auto-installers etc. So I would be grateful for advice please. Thank you.
No programming or HTML knowledge required whatsoever to install and administrate the forum, or to adjust the color scheme and replace graphics. There's an Admin Control Panel which lets you change most any setting you would need with checkboxes, buttons, menus, etc. If you wish to make more substantial changes to the appearance of the forum, then some HTML knowledge will be required.

No doubt, people will start producing replacement Styles, Pages, Plugins, etc. for XenForo which you can download and install also without any programming or HTML knowledge.

Top Bottom