How much did you spend for your Website?

yavuz

So I was bored and wanted to check how much money I spend for my XenForo websites. Funny, my anticipation was much higher but the number turned out to be much less.

I rounded some of the figures a bit to ease the calculation:

Themes
UI.X Class 40.00 USD
UI.X 30.00 USD
Velour 10.00 USD
Imperial 29.00 USD

109 USD

Add-Ons
Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level 20.00 GBP (31.00 USD)
Competitions for XenForo 25.00 GBP (40.00 USD)
Bookmarks 19.00 GBP (30.00 USD)
******* - Modern Statistics 30.00 USD
TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox 25.00 GBP (40.00 USD)
Xen Media Gallery 40.00 GBP (64.00 USD)
Friend Inviter 10.00 GBP (16.00 USD)
Notifications 10.00 GBP (16.00 USD)
GoodForNothing XenSocialize 15.00 USD
sonnb - Messages Mass Actions 20.00 USD
Simple Gallery 29.95 AUD (29.00 USD)
XenScripts WordPress to XenForo Bridge 39.99 USD

371 USD

Had it Developed
First Click Free 150 USD
TMDb Integration 150 USD
BD Image Addon 50 USD
Post as User Addon 40.00 (65.00 USD) GBP

415 USD

XenForo Official Products
Two Resource Managers 45 USD
XenForo License: 100 USD
One Extra XenForo License: 136 USD

281 USD

Total of 1176 USD

I'll probably spend more towards having some new addons developed. How much did you spend for your website?

I have a dedicated server that costs me about 50 Euro's / monthly. Though I have other websites / clients on the server it's not dedicated to XenForo only.

I've spent around 2500$ for the transition of my main site to xenforo, and I've converted 5 more since then, so... I've lost track. :D

I must be cheap - my droneflyers site cost me about $300 total for XF, themes and add-ons. Maybe less.

Hearth.com is another story due to custom imports in the first place - my old forums were in a rare forum software. All Hail Jake B.

Themes - between $100-150
1 Xenforo License, 1 unused RM license ~$150
Addons bought from RM here + license extensions $3-400
Donations to addon developers or those who have provided assistance ~$100
Custom Addons ~$300.
Hosting for most of the life of the forum has been free due to sponsorship agreement with hosting company(we place their logo and backlink in footer).

So roughly a grand or less. Have easily generated more than this via adsense and sponsorship from companies.

I've spent around 2500$ for the transition of my main site to xenforo, and I've converted 5 more since then, so... I've lost track. :D

Thats a lot for my taste Dakis, but you have done well with your site. When it's worth in the end the rest doesn't count I guess.

I guess you all spend so much money because in return you earn money.

Else I can not understand why you need to spend so much money. Just a xenforo license is enough for me. But it depends on what you want to do of course.

All hobbies turn out to be expensive at some point
And there you have it in a nutshell. This is a hobby for me and not a business. If I was back into hunting, it would be $1000 for a rifle, another $1500-$2000 for a scope, the necessary hunting gear (adding camo to normal pants seems to increase the price by about 40% :LOL:), ammo for hunting, ammo for practice. Heck, when I was really heavy into hunting I had about $35,000 invested in all the base stuff. Got rid of most of the guns (I hunt with flint muzzle loader now) but kept the clothes.
The motorcycle is the same way. Need a new helmet, then need a bluetooth intercom system - oh, that jacket looks neat, think I need it too. Now I need a trailer to pull behind the bike so I can carry all my goodies that I need and any that I pick up along the way. ;)
All hobbies are expensive. This one is running me (now) about $500'ish a month.

Last edited:
Probably around 500-600€ before upgrading to Xenforo. Just bought Xenforo and I think it'll take few hundreds before it's ready.

If I added up everything I spent for a site that I never even ended up going public with...I would be forced to throw away my keyboard or ignore what should be obvious and sound logic. If you count (time * hourly) and add that to the total , you would find me a short pier and advise me to take a long walk.

If I added up everything I spent for a site that I never even ended up going public with...I would be forced to throw away my keyboard or ignore what should be obvious and sound logic. If you count (time * hourly) and add that to the total , you would find me a short pier and advise me to take a long walk.
Hey, the free VPS offer still stands. ;)
You could be my guinea pig. :p

In between my site, my servers and all their addons, plugins, maps, and features, it's got to be at least $1500. Not that I want to do the math and confirm any of these numbers and nightmares.

I spend more money on content than scripts about 2 VA's cost me $500 per month.
Hosting costs $50 per month

2 Xenforo + 1 Resource - $200
1 Showcase - $40
Other addons bought - $50
Donated - $150

Top Bottom