How Many Xenforo Support Tickets Have You Created?

DRE

Today I created a Xenforo Support Ticket for the first time this year. This will be my third.

How many have you created so far as compared to other forum softwares?

I wonder what the most common ticket issues are and which ones have been the strangest.

Like 2...which is impressive, these forums are extremely helpful and the bug count is really low. The product works out of the box....go tell that to IPS or IB.

Just 2 tickets, both for a change in license details (which are not editable by me).

The XenForo community forums are really great place for support, helpful members + really helpful moderators/staff. I guess tickets would be for issues which need to be looked into and require server access to debug and such.

We get tickets for the same issues posted on the forum.

Some people prefer to use the ticket system rather than post publicly.

I understand some people prefer to use the ticket system (and thats why its there for) but i feel like if they read the forums, found other people who had the same issues, they could potentially learn more. Why the issue is happening, how to fix it.
Its like in class you can either ask the teacher a question and get a instant answer (thats what the teacher is there for of course) or you can try to figure it out. Sometimes the teacher will even question you when you ask a question so the answer comes out of you and not them.
Thats what i like to do, i like to read why others are having the issues and actually learn more rather than just get directions on how to fix it but thats just me =D. Plus if their question is on the forum it may eliminate many future tickets :)

PS: @Brogan you're also a robot when it comes to quick and accurate assistance! THX!

I understand some people prefer to use the ticket system (and thats why its there for) but i feel like if they read the forums, found other people who had the same issues, they could potentially learn more. Why the issue is happening, how to fix it.

Sometimes do you want to send "private" questions and have to send sensitive information...IMHO that's one of the reasons of creating a ticket instead of a thread in the forum.

Yes including me, mostly some sensitive data need not to be public :)
So for me, I have 10.

Does installation and upgrade request count as support tickets? if not, then its only one in 3 years.
With moderators answering all forums questions( Jack bounce and especially Brogan), there is no need to use the support ticket system.

Top Bottom