XF 2.2 How many connected accounts does our forum have?

Ludachris

Is there a way to find how many connected accounts exist in our forum? Not sure how many people actually use the functionality. We only have FB connected as a provider.

Two ways.

1. Check the database directly.

2. Create a user group promotion using the connected accounts criterion, run the cache rebuild to promote all accounts, check the promoted user group members.

Another question - if you disable the Connected Accounts feature for Facebook, what will the experience be for those who used it? Will they no longer be able to login? What is the order of operation to disable it so that users don't have issues?

Another question - if you disable the Connected Accounts feature for Facebook, what will the experience be for those who used it? Will they no longer be able to login? What is the order of operation to disable it so that users don't have issues?
They would just have to be able to login with their XF username and password, I think. I have my XF account connected to my Google account and I can use either to login. If they have always logged in with their FB, then probably will need to "Forgot Password" the first time since they probably won't remember their password.

They would just have to be able to login with their XF username and password, I think. I have my XF account connected to my Google account and I can use either to login. If they have always logged in with their FB, then probably will need to "Forgot Password" the first time since they probably won't remember their password.
If that's the case, that will be easy. @Brogan - can you confirm this?

I am also considering removing Facebook login from my forum and came across this thread.

For the record, user account connections are stored in the xf_user_connected_account table. You can see how many total users are using connected accounts using this query:

SQL:
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM xf_user_connected_account;

To filter by a specific provider (in this example, Facebook):

SQL:
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM xf_user_connected_account WHERE provider = 'facebook';

@Ludachris did you experiment more with what, exactly, happens to users if you disable Facebook logins?

Top Bottom