how many atheists here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well even thats a kind of religion where god has no place..
what if i say i m my own god ..will i be counted atheist or theist ?
It is not a religion in my eyes as I worship or pray to noone. There is no being above me, we are all equal, when we die we are gone (we are simply an electrical machine that needs power to work). If anything I like the idea of our world being a simulation due to the mathematics on how everything works.

It is not a religion in my eyes as I worship or pray to noone. There is no being above me, we are all equal, when we die we are gone (we are simply an electrical machine that needs power to work). If anything I like the idea of our world being a simulation due to the mathematics on how everything works.
well if not religion .but certainly"ism"..even i don't..but i do worship self..i pray to inner self..well noone can die..we are all energy n we change from one form to another :)
where did maths originate from ?
where did science originate from ?
how did einstein become einstein ?

So I take it if you believe that it means you absolutely do not believe in any type of psychic phenomena, remote viewing, ghosts, or those who claim to be able to communicate with the dead? My problem is I know some of these things do exist so I can't conclude that everything stops when we die- although it would certainly be convenient to believe that.

So I take it if you believe that it means you absolutely do not believe in any type of psychic phenomena, remote viewing, ghosts, or those who claim to be able to communicate with the dead? My problem is I know some of these things do exist so I can't conclude that everything stops when we die- although it would certainly be convenient to believe that.
Correct, I believe that anyone who says they communicate with dead people are false. Once the electrical pulses in our bodies stop we cease to be. Simple.

When we die...we are dead. No communication is possible with us.

well even thats a kind of religion where god has no place..
what if i say i m my own god ..will i be counted atheist or theist ?
You would be a theist, yes, because you acknowledge the existence of a higher power (which just happens to be yourself). I've heard the word autotheism used to describe this. There are some variations though, like I believe many Hindus believe that Brahma exists in everyone (though I know little about the religion so I could be wrong).

How did you feel afterwards though?

I cried when I turned on some music and saw the world (spring) blooming - cried from pure happiness. Too much.....had to pull my car to the side of the road.

The key is that things are always that amazing - we just don't notice it.

My old friends told me this:

"Remember. No matter what religion you believe, even if you had no religion or atheist, just remember. We all gonna die someday. So do your best when you are alive, make a lot of friends, find your true love, and keep your self happy."

My old friends told me this:

"Remember. No matter what religion you believe, even if you had no religion or atheist, just remember. We all gonna die someday. So do your best when you are alive, make a lot of friends, find your true love, and keep your self happy."
He/she was right.
Eat what you like, as much as you like.
Drink what you like, as much as you like.
Do what you like, as much as you like.
No more, no less than that.

Today.
Tomorrow can be late.

"Father, give us this day our daily bread"

I'm a Christian but I almost named my site 8thiest.com cause I thought it sounded cool. Thankfully my members convinced me not to. Such a dumb name. 8thos sounded so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom