1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how is XF doing in term of customers compared to other platforms?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by king8084, Oct 1, 2016.

1. king8084

king8084 Active Member

so everytime i go to a forum and see another platform used i sigh, i feel like i am just too attached to xf to accept other platforms for now

so i tried to search and couldnt get any solid information, how many forums using xenforo now compared to the other big two?

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

We don't release sales information or other statistics but there is, as I understand, some market share information available from a couple of sources but the data isn't certain to be accurate.

Most people refer to this page:

https://tools.digitalpoint.com/cookie-search

There's a chart which compares the main commercial forum software vendors.

That'll be the closest you get, really.

surfsup likes this.
  3. king8084

king8084 Active Member

holy crap XF is that popular? i thought IPB and XF will be very close and sadly VB is way ahead

this makes me happy

4. king8084

king8084 Active Member

if XF is that popular why people say its a niche market for coders to spend time on

o_O

5. Snog

Snog Well-Known Member

It's no more of a niche market than vB or any other forum software.

Kevin and ozzy47 like this.
  6. Snog

Snog Well-Known Member

I'll add that no matter what the forum software is, the add-ons themselves are niche add-ons. For example, not everyone has a need for application forms or say a media gallery.