1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How is this happening?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by LevelUPMC, Nov 8, 2015.

1. LevelUPMC

LevelUPMC New Member

So I have had this problem for sometime but haven't been able to fix it. This user was able to post in admin only sections, but when I look in the admin panel, I can't seem to find the user. Is there any reason why this is happening?
  2. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

3. Shiro

Shiro Well-Known Member

Please take the regular security precautions. Change all of your passwords and enable two factor authentication for all admin accounts. The fact this person can post in admin areas and that the account is being deleted may be an indicator of a bigger security breach. You may also want to change your hosting control panel, FTP/SSH/SFTP, and similar passwords. Do you have any more data on the user?
  4. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Have you checked the permissions for the unregistered usergroup? They may be posting as a guest...

5. batpool52!

batpool52! Well-Known Member

IP won't be logged if they were posting as guest.
  6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The admin log should have a record of the member account being deleted, along with the administrator account which deleted it.
  7. LevelUPMC

LevelUPMC New Member

I have checked the admin log, and I see no indication of anyone's account being deleted.
    Also I may have mislead you guys with this, but what I mean is I set permissions so only admins can post in new and update, but this guy is able to post in there.
  8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Your permissions are wrong then.

The analyzer will highlight where the final value is being set.