How important is it to you that vBseo makes its way to xenForo?

How important is it to you that vBseo makes its way to xenForo?

• Very important (I'm a vbseo licensed customer)

Votes: 29 17.1%
  • Not that important (I'm a vbseo licensed customer)

Votes: 35 20.6%
  • Very important (I would purchase a license)

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Not that important (I would not purchase a license)

Votes: 101 59.4%

• Total voters

MentaL

A quote from the vBseo team

Brian Cummiskey;286134 said:
As it sits today, there is effectively ZERO market share for an un-finished product. It would be imprudent for us to waste a lot of time and resources on a failed-from-start project (not xen, but rather us doing something for xen) from any reasons, such as
-low license sale count (vbseo only accounts for a smaller percentage of licenses compared to vb, and the same will likely be for xen, but with a MUCH smaller base figure to begin with If they only sell 1000 licenses, we might sell 100-200, and there is no way we are putting in that many man hours for that amount of sales. there's only 2,300 members on xenforo right now. Even if each member buys 2 licenses, thats 4600, and a 10-20% 'seo people' of that number is 400-800. The amount of time and man hours to build the app for less than 1000 POTENTIAL sales is simply not a wise business choice at this time. As above, perhaps in the future this will change, and if so, it is something that we may consider at that time.
-the built in seo functions may not give us a big enough market to tap/be profitable (why use an add-on when the core is good)
-future (xenforo may be out of business in 6 months... who knows. investing in a start up is 100% risk. I think anyone moving their active communities to it right out the gate is a mistake. Sure, play with it, try it out, maybe convert a not so active board and see what happens. But i'd wait a while before converting anything that you don't know the future of. Imagine if vb were still on version 1.0 or even 3.0. There's no conversion scripts for those anymore, and you'll be stuck on it, or have to foot a huge customization bill to hire a coder to build something like it for you.)

Until Xenforo is a proven solution with a large customer base and there is a high demand for a product from us, we likely will not be venturing down that road. We can't tell the future, so all we can do is tell you to keep an eye on our annoucement forum going forward and maybe in the future one will be posted that sparks an interest.

So how important is it to you that vBseo makes its way to xenForo , as for me.. It would be rather important as its one of the key elements of my forum.

Thanks.

I currently use vBseo. Have for years. As of late, I'm not all that impressed with it.

Similar to IB, as they have grown, they've gotten arrogant. The overhead on the server caused by vBseo is something you have to consider. My host shut me down once for it.

Xenforo has native seo functions built in. Sure, it wont do everything that vBseo does, but quite frankly, vBseo hasn't helped me all that much as of late. Last time I submitted a ticket to vBseo, they were less than helpful. I had to rely on a forum member for help.

I'll be happy with the simple SEO features built into Xenforo. I wouldn't pay for an add-on SEO package again. I am looking forward to ditching vBseo.

Not at all, I don't like changing URL structure back and fourth on forums, never did see the logic in it when Google ranks stock vB URL's fine all along.

I see XF threads ranking high (this forum) along with threads of similar topic from my stock vB forum, so the URL's are not going to make or break you if you go with stock XF URL's.

Not at all, I don't like changing URL structure back and fourth on forums, never did see the logic in it when Google ranks stock vB URL's fine all along.

I see XF threads ranking high (this forum) along with threads of similar topic from my stock vB forum, so the URL's are not going to make or break you if you go with stock XF URL's.
It all comes down to having good content :)

I used to have multiple vBSEO licenses (still have one I keep just in case for whatever reason) but have not run it for a few years now. At the time I was using it it was causing quite an overheard to my server's resources and I just couldn't justify it. Reading the 'success stories' about people using vBSEO, I think it is more of a situation where the admin is taking a leap of faith that it is vBSEO that is helping and not other factors. I am not interested in reusing it again for vB and would not be interested in an XF version.

Now the vBSEO Sitemap Generator for vB 3.8.x on the other hand...... that I like. :)

I currently use vBseo. Have for years. As of late, I'm not all that impressed with it.

Similar to IB, as they have grown, they've gotten arrogant. The overhead on the server caused by vBseo is something you have to consider. My host shut me down once for it.

Xenforo has native seo functions built in. Sure, it wont do everything that vBseo does, but quite frankly, vBseo hasn't helped me all that much as of late. Last time I submitted a ticket to vBseo, they were less than helpful. I had to rely on a forum member for help.

I'll be happy with the simple SEO features built into Xenforo. I wouldn't pay for an add-on SEO package again. I am looking forward to ditching vBseo.

Great now we're going to have 5430 vbseo gurus here defending it.

I like that vBSEO has pingbacks and such, but I never used vBSEO so I guess I'm not high up there on the importance scale :P

Top Bottom