How important is it to download XF on the proper account?

HittingSmoke

I'll be managing up to three separate XenForo licenses for three different web sites soon. I'm already managing one, so I usually have the current version of XF sitting around on my HDD somewhere.

Is it important that I download a fresh copy while logged into the account associated with the domain I'm making that install on, or is it safe to just use whatever download I happen to have sitting around at the time? That is, is a download dynamically tied to a specific license?

I'll be managing up to three separate XenForo licenses for three different web sites soon. I'm already managing one, so I usually have the current version of XF sitting around on my HDD somewhere.

Is it important that I download a fresh copy while logged into the account associated with the domain I'm making that install on, or is it safe to just use whatever download I happen to have sitting around at the time? That is, is a download dynamically tied to a specific license?
The last I knew the hash key for each XenForo copy is different (as far as I know). And of course the license number is different as well.

But other than this, I don't imagine it will be a problem provided you use the right version for each copy of XenForo you own. XenForo seems to only associate the domain name with the license (as far as I know).

I however do download the most current when installing. Only because there has been one or two times in the past when Mike updated something in the main package (small & minor bug fixes).

The respective license should be used on the corresponding URL.
Yeah, but it's such a pain to rename each one with a twd_, apple_ or mustang_ prefix and then keep 3 packages of the same software there. To bad you can't utilize the validation token (and compare it against the registered domain) for just one package.

Yeah, but it's such a pain to rename each one with a twd_, apple_ or mustang_ prefix and then keep 3 packages of the same software there. To bad you can't utilize the validation token (and compare it against the registered domain) for just one package.

You could have a folder for each of your websites in which you store them in. Keeps things organised.

The respective license should be used on the corresponding URL.
Sounds like legal talk to me. Unless the different licenses have different official add-ons tied to them, I reckon the contents of the ZIPs are exactly the same, seeing as you don't actually have to install a license on your forum nor that it seems to "phone home". Having a license key in this case is just a proof of purchase.

Seeing as you have access to 3 licenses, compare 2 of them together and you'll either be able to confirm my claim or not :P

Sounds like legal talk to me. Unless the different licenses have different official add-ons tied to them, I reckon the contents of the ZIPs are exactly the same, seeing as you don't actually have to install a license on your forum nor that it seems to "phone home". Having a license key in this case is just a proof of purchase.

Seeing as you have access to 3 licenses, compare 2 of them together and you'll either be able to confirm my claim or not :p
No, their not.

Top Bottom