XF 2.1 How does the Report system work

DigNap15

Ive been an admin now for 6 months, and I still don't see how the Report System works
I do not have any mods yet.
I don't undertand the point of all the options in the graphic below.
None of them see to have any effect.
So I have to write two pm's one to the offender, and one to the Reporting member
Am I missing something.
Or does this only apply if you have a moderator.

Attachments

• report.webp
    report.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 43
Or does this only apply if you have a moderator.
You do have a moderator - you :)

The status options just sets the status of the report (only reports with a status other then Resolved/Rejected are being counted).
If you don't have a team you'll only need Accepted and Rejected - assigning does not make sense if there are no other staff members working on reports.

You can send an alert to the reporter by tickung the checkbox and entering some text; by default there is no option to directly contact the owner of the reported content.

Last edited:
Honestly... I also have no clue how this system works. It would have been nice if mods could chat using this system about a report with the member who was reported.
They can do that if you opt to send reports to a specific forum instead of report manager.

the person reporting is the thread starter so you configure permissions so:

registered user group cannot see other users’ threads

mods can see others’ threads

unregistered cannot view node

See:

My position is also similar to yours. We have a group on telegram where we discuss any forum related issue so have never needed to communicate through the report system. So haven't really used it for what it is designed for. But I always wonder how to efficiently deal with the reported member other than leaving the report ui and start a personal conversation.

Top Bottom