• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How do you create private section for certain groups?

I have 3 groups and all 3 groups can access different section.

Right now what I have to do is assign users to private sections one by one. Is it possible so that, I can assign that user to certain group and that group can access pre defined private sections?

Thanks

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Enable this option:

Admin CP -> Applications -> Display Node Tree -> Permissions -> Private node

Now you can specify Allowed permissions for the groups under that node. The Private node option disables all permissions such that you only need to specify Allowed permissions.

Hi Jake,

Thanks for your help. One question:

If I change permission for group under that node, wouldn't it change overall permission of that group?

user permissions.jpg

I changed so that Administrative group can access that but still it didn't allowed and then I had to add 2 users individually.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
If I change permission for group under that node, wouldn't it change overall permission of that group?
Only for that one node.

I changed so that Administrative group can access that but still it didn't allowed and then I had to add 2 users individually.
Make sure those users are members of the Admin group. And make sure you have granted Allow permissions for the Admin group for that node:

Admin CP -> Applications -> Display Node Tree -> Permissions -> Administrative

Thanks jake! I figured that. I was clicking on group info which resulted in modifying their main permissions. My bad!

Coming from IPB so it's little different around in ACP. But i guess, I will get used to it soon.

Thanks!