How do I .. unmute Page Descriptions Only On Top of Categories

LPH

Using Firefox Firebug, I was able to see this code in css line 699 which mutes the Page Descriptions:

Code:
body .muted, body a.muted, body .muted a {
    color: #969696;
    display: none;
}
I'd like to display the Page Descriptions but only for the top of the categories page. The plan is to unmute, enlarge the font showing the descriptions, italics, etc. Maybe pretty it up some :)
Screen Shot 2013-01-08 at 1.42.40 PM.webp

Yeah this is possible.

If I understand correctly, you only want to change the muted text descriptions for the top of category pages and leave others (such as threads and forums) as they are.

Like this category:

xzemg.png

But the forum stays like this:

i98n7.png

This can be done with this CSS:

Code:
.category_view #pageDescription
{
    color: red;
    font-style: italic;
    font-size: 12px;
}

One cool thing about XF is the main container template names are added as classes to the HTML.

This often allows you to filter things based on the template you're working with.

Thank you Chris but because of the CSS which states .body .muted, body a.muted, body .muted a has a display none. This stops the description from showing.

Is there a way to remove them?

I understand what you are saying but there is nothing in EXTRA.CSS. I've gone through each of the templates, too. This is a modified default - in which I changed the EXTRA.CSS files.

Is there a checkmark for muted? A search does not even find that css code for body.

Hmm, "muted" doesn't actually mean invisible.

Muted is just the term used for small text of a light grey colour.

The name and date of each post has the "item muted" class.

I do not know where the display: none has come from. All I can tell you is that by default that code isn't there, so it has been added some time after installation.

You can reverse it by adding:

Code:
body .muted, body a.muted, body .muted a
{
	display: block;
}

To EXTRA.css

This seems directly tied to XenPorta CSS. Whenever the display: block is added then the Recent Threads in XenPorta are messed up. Therefore, the following was added to the EXTRA.CSS.

Code:
body p.muted {
    display: block ;
}

This seems to work :)

Top Bottom