XF 2.0 How do I create a "feed" of the posts on the home page

WombatCombat

So on my forum I plan to have a home page, and on this home page I want to have 3 sections. Two of these sections will contain 3-5 posts that I will pick and decide to showcase myself (like "top 5 posts I loved!"), and on the third section I just want like 6-10 of the most recent posts to show up. However, I want them to look more like blocks rather than simple forum posts. So it would look something like this
56fd1de20f93c0f135ff210cebedfbe7.png

I'm okay if the squares aren't the same size but you get the idea. The square will contain the thumbnail/a picture from the body of the post and if they click the square it will take them to the specific post.

How would I achieve this? Is there an add-on for this? If no, is it hard to create the page to look like this?

Unfortunately what you're wanting isn't quite a simple CSS fix most folks can provide on here, it's going to require a decent amount of time to get it properly set up.

You can set up a page using widgets: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/page-as-portal-homepage.5663/

However the "featured posts" may require some additional development.
Ah I see, thanks! I'm just wondering, can I add my own HTML/CSS into that page I'd create? I don't mind styling my own box and manually updating it when the posts are created. This is kinda the easy fix I thought of lol

Top Bottom