How do I turn off the Staff Online Now block?

Is it possible to turn off the "Staff Online Now" block? I tried removing the block in template.xml but doesn't seem to go away.

Is it possible to turn off the "Staff Online Now" block? I tried removing the block in template.xml but doesn't seem to go away.

Go to your "sidebar_online_users" template and remove ; -

Code:
<xen:if hascontent="true">
	<div class="section staffOnline avatarList">
		<div class="secondaryContent">
			<h3>{xen:phrase staff_online_now}</h3>
			<ul>
				<xen:contentcheck>
					<xen:foreach loop="$onlineUsers.records" value="$user">
						<xen:if is="{$user.is_moderator} OR {$user.is_admin}">
							<li>
								<xen:avatar user="$user" size="s" img="true" />
								<a href="{xen:link members, $user}" class="username">{xen:helper richUserName, $user}</a>
								<div class="muted">{xen:helper userTitle, $user}</div>
							</li>
						</xen:if>
					</xen:foreach>
				</xen:contentcheck>
			</ul>
		</div>
	</div>

Go to your "sidebar_online_users" template and remove ; -

Code:
<xen:if hascontent="true">
	<div class="section staffOnline avatarList">
		<div class="secondaryContent">
			<h3>{xen:phrase staff_online_now}</h3>
			<ul>
				<xen:contentcheck>
					<xen:foreach loop="$onlineUsers.records" value="$user">
						<xen:if is="{$user.is_moderator} OR {$user.is_admin}">
							<li>
								<xen:avatar user="$user" size="s" img="true" />
								<a href="{xen:link members, $user}" class="username">{xen:helper richUserName, $user}</a>
								<div class="muted">{xen:helper userTitle, $user}</div>
							</li>
					</xen:foreach>
				</xen:contentcheck>
			</ul>
		</div>
	</div>
I did exactly that and the staff online block is still showing. I thought it must be because I'm logged in as an admin, but a regular user/guest can still see that. Am I missing something? Caching somewhere that needs to be cleared?

A quick note: surrounding anything in a template with <xen:comment>...</xen:comment> has the same effect as removing it.

Ah look, I learned something new today... Just a few thousands more bits Kier and then I am do some modding of my own! :P

Jamie

I did exactly that and the staff online block is still showing. I thought it must be because I'm logged in as an admin, but a regular user/guest can still see that. Am I missing something? Caching somewhere that needs to be cleared?
Never mind, I eventually got it working, was editing the wrong template... Thanks everyone for your tips.

A quick note: surrounding anything in a template with <xen:comment>...</xen:comment> has the same effect as removing it.

That is so handy to know that it deserves more than just a "like." Thanks! Now I won't have to rack my brains trying to remember what I took out that (inevitably) turned out to be vital. :)

That is so handy to know that it deserves more than just a "like." Thanks! Now I won't have to rack my brains trying to remember what I took out that (inevitably) turned out to be vital. :)

This was one of the things I have liked about IPB and one of their newer features.. They have a compare option in the ACP where it shows the template and highlights red if it's been removed, highlights green if it's been added.

For someone like myself that hunts and pecks and breaks things to figure out how what works.. it's been great. As this platform progresses maybe this is a feature request if enough people think it's worth while.

Jamie

Top Bottom