1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 How do I show my movie

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Hilmer, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Hilmer

Hilmer Active Member

Just uploaded the movie with "upload a file"

Now I can see it like the photos under "attached files" but there is no Insert options.
    It is a .mov file.
    How do I get it into the post - so the user just have to press the play?

All the best
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no inline movie player built in to the software. It is easier to use a service like YouTube. XenMedio supports video services like that.
  3. Hilmer

Hilmer Active Member

Okay Jake - tried the youtube, but it resizes the movie a lot.
    Can I use the embed from youtube?
    It will not show, when i insert the embed into a post.

These are the dimension from the video.

<iframe width="854" height="609" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wNe2aSCSPsg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  4. Jake Bunce

Just paste the URL of the video. XenForo automatically inlines YouTube videos.

This is what happens when I paste http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNe2aSCSPsg into my post:

Hilmer likes this.
  5. Jake Bunce

For the dimensions you need to edit the media site:

Admin CP -> Home -> BB Code Media Sites -> YouTube

You will see dimensions in the Embed HTML. They are specified twice in the code. Change both instances to whatever dimensions you want.
    Hilmer likes this.
  6. Hilmer

Hilmer Active Member

Thanks so much Jake ;)
  7. Main Company

Main Company Active Member

Is there no way to add a media player so I can stream locally stored movie files?
  8. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

9. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

It is completely doable using custom bbcode for the player and a template edit.
  10. Main Company

Main Company Active Member

okay, so I install the relevant addons. And, I've uploaded the .mov file as an attachment. Now, the big DUMB question is, how do I find the full path to the media file?

I also have an MP3 file that I've also uploaded. But same problem, what's the full path that I place inside "[av][/av]"????