How do i set a welcome text before username in navbar?

Heavy

Hi XenForo!

I have tried to do this for a while but have not succeeded, I want to put the "Welcome" in front of my name in the navigation bar! Exactly like vBulletin.
Mine:
ec26e6c84f32bb7b24ea2438bffded8e.png

How i want it to be:
6bd9ef95ae03edaf3050e1a3579de342.png

Thanks in advance!
Heavy

Hi,

It's pretty easy to reproduce using the easiest method: use the pseudo-element :before.

Go to the templates of your style and search for "EXTRA.css". Now, add the following inside:
Code:
.accountUsername:before
{
    content: "Welcome, ";
    margin-right: 5px;
}

Screenshot_1.webp

I've an alternative solution. Go to the templates of your style and search for "navigation_visitor_tab". Then, search this line of code:
Code:
<a href="{xen:link account}" class="navLink accountPopup NoPopupGadget" rel="Menu"><strong class="accountUsername">{$visitor.username}</strong>

and replace it with:
Code:
<a href="{xen:link account}" class="navLink accountPopup NoPopupGadget" rel="Menu"><strong class="accountUsername">Welcome, {$visitor.username}</strong>

It is strange that it does not work, but it is maybe because you have a custom style.

For people who want to reproduce this and who have this problem:

1e28ae0f2d4cf7c09345495f07f3f5a6.webp

You must go in the "navigation.css" template and remove "max-width: 100px" in:
Code:
    .navTabs .navTab.account .navLink .accountUsername
    {
        display: block;
        max-width: 100px;
        overflow: hidden;
        text-overflow: ellipsis;
    }

I've an alternative solution. Go to the templates of your style and search for "navigation_visitor_tab". Then, search this line of code:
Code:
<a href="{xen:link account}" class="navLink accountPopup NoPopupGadget" rel="Menu"><strong class="accountUsername">{$visitor.username}</strong>

and replace it with:
Code:
<a href="{xen:link account}" class="navLink accountPopup NoPopupGadget" rel="Menu"><strong class="accountUsername">Welcome, {$visitor.username}</strong>

It is strange that it does not work, but it is maybe because you have a custom style.

Optionally, you can make the welcome text be a phrase so it's not hard-coded.

Admin CP > Appearance > Phrases > Create New Phrase

Prefix it with your site name so you know it's custom and then add _welcome.

Optionally, you can make the welcome text be a phrase so it's not hard-coded.

Admin CP > Appearance > Phrases > Create New Phrase

Prefix it with your site name so you know it's custom and then add _welcome.
No, it's more easy for the user to do how I did, because people might want to put this modification only on their custom style and not on all styles. Your modification applies to all styles.

No, it doesn't, if you only call the custom phrase in the style you want it in.
I think anyway that it is easier to modify the code in the style for nothing lose by exporting the style, etc. It is better to do like I did, but it is an alternative solution.

It's solved now.

Top Bottom