• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How do I make a thread viewable only to creator and staff?

I can't seem to figure out how to make a thread in one section, only viewable to the creator and certain user groups, for example, administrative.

EQnoble

That would be an option in the admin control panel for admins to decide who can read write and create threads in specific sections.(correct me if I am wrong someone)

User group selection by users makes the forum privatized amongst it's citizens. That is something more suitable to be had as an addon. Not saying it isn't a great notion, it just doesn't help a community thrive, unless your using that type of thing for tickets, service requests, business etc...

That would be an option in the admin control panel for admins to decide who can read write and create threads in specific sections.(correct me if I am wrong someone)

User group selection by users makes the forum privatized amongst it's citizens. That is something more suitable to be had as an addon. Not saying it isn't a great notion, it just doesn't help a community thrive, unless your using that type of thing for tickets, service requests, business etc...
Unfortunately, from what I see, you can not restrict access to the thread creator and a user group with permissions to view the thread unless I'm overlooking something which is why I have posted to this to be correct if I am wrong.

It's more for tickets etc. which is why it's so valuable to have.

R

ragtek

Unfortunately, from what I see, you can not restrict access to the thread creator and a user group with permissions to view the thread unless I'm overlooking something which is why I have posted to this to be correct if I am wrong.

It's more for tickets etc. which is why it's so valuable to have.
We also wanted to use it for "tickets" but there's no way in xf for this:(

Nasr

Using conditionals, can one check if node_id=somenodeid && user is part of group (A and B) && if thread starter id = user viewing node id are the same then show thread? Or would it require code alteration?