1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I link directly to the signup form page

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Sadik B, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

Currently if I want to have a custom "Sign Up Now" link, there are two steps that a user has to follow. First either the top Javascript dropdown or the a page asking whether user wants to login or signup and second if the user is new, he is directed to the page site.com/login/login

What is I want to send the user directly to the sign up form by clicking just one link, to send him to the full registration page. If I link directly to site.com/login/login it throws an error This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again.

Hints anyone?
  2. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

site.com/login works
  3. Sadik B

No it does not. It sends you to a page where you have to either login or click on "No, create my account now" and click on signup and then you are presented the full signup page with Captcha and all. I want to directly get to the full signup page.
  4. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Sadik B likes this.
  5. dieketzer

i misunderstood.
    Sadik B likes this.
  6. Sadik B

Thanks both of you... :)
  7. Sadik B

Ok another question, is there a template conditional for finding whether the user is on the Register page or not. Sort of how with THIS_SCRIPT we could identify if the user is viewing the register page. Basically I am showing a notice which is not supposed to appear on the register page.
  8. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Sadik B likes this.
  9. ragtek

ragtek Guest

<xen:if is="{$controllerName} == 'XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register'">
    Sadik B likes this.
  10. dieketzer

what is it you are wanting to achieve exactly?
    if you are wanting to add a notice to only the register page, why not add it to register_form template?
  11. Sadik B

Thanks ragtek and Onimua.

Basically I am showing a notice to only guests asking them to register. This notice should NOT appear on register page obviously. This is the code I put in ad_below_top_breadcrumb in case someone wants to do the same.

<xen:hook name="ad_below_top_breadcrumb" />
    <xen:if is="{$controllerName} != 'XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register'">
    <xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id}">
    <div class="guest_notice">
    Guest Notice
    I know it's just a patch up job. I have an addon i created to do template inserts and I will put this in that later.
    dieketzer likes this.
  12. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

I can't get this to work. The browser just says that the path was not found on this server.

What am I possibly doing wrong?! I'm running this as a local instance on my laptop.