MG 1.1 How do I import images from PhotoPost PHP vB3

wardsweb

I have installed the Gallery add-on. Where do I find the importer to get the pictures that were my vB 3.8 Photopost vB3? Do I use the tools/importer and if so, how do I import only the gallery stuff and not do a complete re-import of all the vB data that was done originally when I moved from vB to Xenforo?

You will need the import log of your original import. Then use the vbulletin photopost importer. It will import categories, media, comments and ratings. It does not import tags, but thats a good thing because photopost only uses single words.
Make sure to use the latest build of 1.1.2 as @Chris D has just included a fix.
I would do at least one test import on a dev install first.

It does not import tags, but thats a good thing because photopost only uses single words.
All of the Photopost importers (including vBGallery and PhotoPost Pro) include a content tags importer.

Make sure to use the latest build of 1.1.2 as @Chris D has just included a fix.
If you're talking about the fix we talked about today, it's not included in 1.1.2, it will be included in 1.1.3. Also that only applies to the PhotoPost Pro importer where PhotoPost Pro was integrated with XenForo, it doesn't apply to the vBulletin version of that importer.

Import From Photopost - vBGallery for vBulletin?
If you have the vBulletin mod PhotoPost vBGallery then, yes, that one. Other people use PhotoPost Pro, there are two other importers for this depending on whether they are integrated with vB or XF.

I am presently upgrading my test forums to the latest version. I will then install the media gallery and try importing. Can you tell me what I will need from the original import log? Do I use phpAdmin to find archived_import_log?

Also that only applies to the PhotoPost Pro importer where PhotoPost Pro was integrated with XenForo, it doesn't apply to the vBulletin version of that importer.
I'm confused. I was importing from vbulletin 3 + PP Pro when you applied the fix.
Can you tell me what I will need from the original import log? Do I use phpAdmin to find archived_import_log?
You need the name of the import log table. You can use phpmyadmin to find the name of the table.

I'm confused. I was importing from vbulletin 3 + PP Pro when you applied the fix.
You were importing from PhotoPost Pro with XenForo integration, meaning PhotoPost Pro had been set up to be integrated with a XenForo database. If you weren't doing that, then you should have been using the importer for PhotoPost Pro with vBulletin integration.

Old site: Photopost Pro + vb3
New site: XF + MG
I would swear that that I used the PP + vb importer, but if I didn't then its the end result that matters: the import went well.
Sorry to take this off topic.

Ok after some trial and error, I have upgraded the test forums and installed the gallery. I have tried importing from my old vB database, which passes validation but fails import because table prefix is missing and it gives a long list. When I try the import on the xenforo database that was made from importing from the vB database, it will not pass validation because table prefix or database name is not correct. I am obviously doing something wrong.

Old site: Photopost Pro + vb3
New site: XF + MG
I would swear that that I used the PP + vb importer, but if I didn't then its the end result that matters: the import went well.
Sorry to take this off topic.
In some ways, it was lucky, in other ways it was useful.

It was lucky in that you must have imported from VB to XF and retained the content IDs. If you hadn't done this, the entire import would have failed, because the XF version of the importer assumes the user IDs in the PhotoPost database match those in the XF database.

It was useful in that, had you not made that mistake, we wouldn't have found a quite important bug, so definitely not complaining ;)

Ok after some trial and error, I have upgraded the test forums and installed the gallery. I have tried importing from my old vB database, which passes validation but fails import because table prefix is missing and it gives a long list.
Have you already imported your forum? If so, which importer specifically have you selected? If you haven't already imported your forum, please post a new thread in the Import forum with specific details.

A few weeks ago I installed Xenforo 1.5.1 and imported all the data from my vBulletin 3.8.6 forums. Yesterday I installed Media Gallery 1.1.2. Now I need to import the Photopost vB3 data and pictures. Before I do this on my live forums, I installed Media Gallery in my test forums. I was not sure which database I needed to import from, so I have tried importing from both my original vB database and the Xenforo database created when I imported from the vB database. Neither of these have worked.

From the original vB database-
Importing using XFMG: Import from PhotoPost - vBGallery for Vbulletin

Validation clears for these settings-
MySQL Server: localhost
MySQL Port: 3306
MySQL User Name: filled in
MySQL Password: filled in
MySQL Database Name: filled in
Table Prefix: blank
Force Character Set: blank
Archived Import Log: archived_import_log

Takes me to: XFMG: Import from PhotoPost - vBGallery for Vbulletin
I click on the Import Albums button and it returns this error.
(note some file locations and database names have been changed for security reasons)

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: Table 'test.ppgal_categories' doesn't exist

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in XenGallery/Importer/PhotopostVbGallery.php at line 311
  6. XenGallery_Importer_PhotopostVbGallery->stepAlbums() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 97
  7. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 187
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 239
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 182
  10. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /chroot/home/test/admin.php at line 13

Let me know if you want to see this results from trying the Xenforo database.

Does that table (ppgal_categories) exist in your vB database?

After much searching in all the databases, I found the PhotoPost data was put into a different database from the forums. I'm guessing I need to use the PhotoPost import that uses both the forums and PhotoPost databases and not the PhotoPost for vB that only uses the forums database.

A couple more questions on configuring the import.

1) When it as for the database prefix, is it asking pp or pp_ that start all the PhotoPost tables?

2) When it ask for vBGallery Files Location, do I list it as the browser address http:// or server path /root/home/html/

1) The base table name is "ppgal_categories". If there is anything extra at the beginning of the table name then that is the prefix.

2) That is the local path to the storage directory on your server. An example would be:

/home/yoursite/public_html/vb/gallery/

You can see the server path to XenForo by visiting admin.php?tools/phpinfo and searching for "DOCUMENT_ROOT". From there you can figure out the vB path relative to XF.

Thank you Jake. Would you verify which importer I should be using with a forums database and a separate photopost database ? PhotoPost was originally installed with vB3 but was working with vB3.8.8 that was converted over to XenForo.

import from photopost - vBGallery for vBulletin
import from photopost - vBulletin

We sort of had this discussion already:
If you have the vBulletin mod PhotoPost vBGallery then, yes, that one. Other people use PhotoPost Pro, there are two other importers for this depending on whether they are integrated with vB or XF.
PhotoPost effectively have two gallery products, they are mentioned here: http://www.photopost.com/compare.html

One is called PhotoPost Pro, the other is called vBGallery.

If you have vBGallery you need to use the vBGallery importer. If you use PhotoPost Pro, you need to use the PhotoPost Pro - vBulletin importer.

Chris D on your request to start a new thread in the import forum, some questions were duplicated to get Jake up to speed. I see now that the Import thread has been merged with the original thread in Media Gallery support. Just trying to abide by your wishes.

I will check the original setup from 2002 and see what I actually installed back then.

Top Bottom