MG 1.1 How do I import images from PhotoPost PHP vB3

wardsweb

I have installed the Gallery add-on. Where do I find the importer to get the pictures that were my vB 3.8 Photopost vB3? Do I use the tools/importer and if so, how do I import only the gallery stuff and not do a complete re-import of all the vB data that was done originally when I moved from vB to Xenforo?

If you haven't already imported your forum, please post a new thread in the Import forum with specific details.
My request for you to start a new thread was conditional on whether you were looking for support with importing your forum generally, or whether it was specifically about the gallery. Since you are talking specifically about importing the gallery, there wasn't a need to create a new thread, hence I moved it back here.

When I try and validate, I get "The table prefix or database name is not correct." I used phpAdmin to access the database, so I know the database name is correct and that there is no prefix. What am I missing?

I am trying to import from PhotoPost Pro 5.62. I actually tried both importers and they both returned the same error.

Last edited:
Ok, I found out the issue. When I searched the databases for the pp_categories, it returned a database that I have been trying to use. Turns out that table is used for another program too. Once I determined which other database held the PhotoPost pp_categories, it works.

My apologies for all the confusion and my lack of knowledge. I do appreciate your patience with me. I know it can't be easy dealing with the public.

Question 1: Can I do the import while the media gallery is disabled or must it be enabled? Reason for asking, is how I go about importing on my live forums. Either with the forums active and the media gallery disabled or the forums turned off and the media gallery active?

Question 2: Once the import is done and I go to close it, it rebuilds the users. I have almost 200,000 users, meaning it will take a long time. Can this be done while the site is active?

Last edited:
  1. The add-on itself must be enabled, but you can effectively disable it with user group permissions. The easiest way to do this is to set the Registered user group (which all users are likely to have as their primary group) so that the "View media" permission is "Never".
  2. Yes, this can be done when the site is active.

1. The add-on itself must be enabled, but you can effectively disable it with user group permissions. The easiest way to do this is to set the Registered user group (which all users are likely to have as their primary group) so that the "View media" permission is "Never".
  2. Yes, this can be done when the site is active.

Excellent, just what I was looking for.

The import is done. The pictures imported but under my statistics is say I have zero albums, zero media and zero usage. Yet, if I search for my user name it pulls up all the pictures I have previously uploaded.

I also find that the categories are set correctly but when I click on Members Galleries, there are no member's albums with their pictures. All the pictures are just shown individually with no organization. Other categories have their albums listed and pictures filed accordingly.

Last edited:
You will have to run most of the rebuilds under the Gallery Rebuilds page in Admin CP > Applications > Gallery Rebuilds. It's likely you will need to run all of them except the media thumbnails one.

Are you talking specifically about the "Members Galleries" within PhotoPost? If so, the images in these aren't imported as albums, they're all just brought into the Member Galleries category. The main reason being is that categories in XFMG can only contain other categories or media - they can't contain albums.

Top Bottom