XF 2.0 How do I enable RSS feed in XF2???

We've never provided an RSS feed for an entire category.

You can do it for each forum. You should just be able to paste a forum URL directly into your RSS client, e.g. our XenForo questions and support forum URL: https://xenforo.com/community/forums/xenforo-questions-and-support.25/

@Chris D Do you know if there is there a way to enable feed for a specific prefix within a forum.

It seems if I filter by a prefix, the URL contains a query string before the prefix ID that does not make it to the feed. At least I think that must be why the feed still shows the entire forum, not the threads with that prefix.

i get this when i enter any url
Oops! We ran into some problems.
There was a problem requesting the feed.

Error message: DOMDocument cannot parse XML: Extra content at the end of the document

Most RSS clients worth their salt will just accept the forum URL and not require the specific feed URL.
I don't know about RSS clients, but when I've looked for RSS feed (PHP) scripts to incorporate RSS feeds into my websites, I've never seen one that didn't require the exact URL of the RSS feed. Having the option at least to expose exact feed URLs could impact the ability of other websites to include feeds on their sites (and thus potentially driving traffic to our forums).

I should clarify that I would prefer to see a RSS feed icon added to the "share" widget that has a nofollow link to a dedicated page exposing RSS feed links for the site or individual forums rather than having RSS feed links appear directly on the forum (home) page.

Top Bottom