How do I display facebook picture's thumbnail to a post?

ang1el

I want to copy facebook thumbnail to a post so that it could be displayed there and when user click it would display fulll picture. I did this in Gmail but when I did it in post it doesn't display thumbnail.

Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Brogan,

Well, if we upload picture in facebook , we get thumbnail of those inside that album. When I copy and past in the inside a mail in Gmail it shows picture and send it to my friends who do not use facebook.

Similarly I copied and pasted in the xF but it couldn't display picture. I tried a lot but couldn't get success, thought if there are any tips.

Sorry, but I'm still not sure what you mean.

To display images in posts you either need to upload them as attachments and then you can choose to embed them.
Or you use the Insert/edit image icon on the editor toolbar and paste in the URL of the image you want to display.

No no not that.

Ok, let me explain.
1. You have a facebook account -> upload photos -> where you 'create album'
2. Once upload finishes, you have thumbnail of your uploaded picture.

Now, when you copy those thumbnail from there, and you compose mail in the gmail and paste there, that thumbnail appears.

But when I do so in the xF it doesn't display.

The reason why I am asking is, I upload picture in the facebook so that many of my friend could also see it.

and

The reason why I copy those thumbnail to mail is, once I send those mail, my recipient can view full size picture by clicking thumbnail.

Now, I don't want to upload same picture twice in my forum, so I want to copy those thumbnail and paste in my post so that it can be accomodate more picture in less space.

But, full size picture can be copy from there and paste in the forum.

I just wanted to know if there is any tips for copying thumbnail and paste in the forum, which could show pictures there.

So if I understand you correctly, you want a thumbnail image which is linked to a URL for your Facebook gallery?

I don't know how the gmail feature works as I don't use gmail online.

Really there's only one way to achieve that and that is to upload the thumbnail images and then link them to a URL.

moz-screenshot-2.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

If you have two tabs open though it does not seem that you can copy paste it ( that I have seen ) you can just click-drag-and crop the image into the editor...http://xenforo.com/community/members/eqnoble.1321/
dfgfgsg.webp ffgghhgdgh.webp fdfddfdffddf.webp
I'll try this with facebook now

Yup, both of you got it.

I just want to copy whole thumbnail, may be 100s of pics at once and paste in the thread. It happens in Gmail and I guess also in yahoo and probably in hotmail too.

But not in the thread.

Yup, both of you got it.

I just want to copy whole thumbnail, may be 100s of pics at once and paste in the thread. It happens in Gmail and I guess also in yahoo and probably in hotmail too.

But not in the thread.
Ok I just signed up for facebook....

Where should I go to try this....at a single album's display page?

I have already uploaded photos

Ok go to inside the album, you'll see more thumbnail.

Now, select those all and copy and try to paste it in the thread.

It will appear in the thread but when you post it, it vanishes.

I can't even select them in firefox lol... I can't drag to highlight, ctrl+click or anything else for that matter....

All i can seem to do is click on an image thumb and click share on that images options and drag the thumb from there....
200818_103842586364694_100002168597137_35932_894800_s.jpg
lets see if this image stays...

no link though....

Hmmm what can I do with this....

thumb
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...2586364694_100002168597137_35932_894800_s.jpg

full
http://hphotos-snc6.fbcdn.net/193173_103842626364690_100002168597137_35933_5542731_o.jpg

Testing it again...

Yeah the only way I can do it is this....
Actually go the full size image display , right-click copy image location ( if you want it to go to your FB page where the image is you will need to copy the address bar instead.),
Then click on the share button....then drag the thumbnail into the editor at XF
click on the image in the editor and click insert/edit link button and right-click paste which should be the physical location of the full size image.

Definitely not what you want to do if you want to do 100 at a time...but I can't think of a work around for as brogan said the scripting there is what defines the layout of the thumbs and they act as links and they are using what I would think is the sortable functionality of jquery or something but could be wrong. Either way because of the script I am limited in work around ideas.

Testing it again...

Yeah the only way I can do it is this....
Actually go the full size image display , right-click copy image location ( if you want it to go to your FB page where the image is you will need to copy the address bar instead.),
Then click on the share button....then drag the thumbnail into the editor at XF
click on the image in the editor and click insert/edit link button and right-click paste which should be the physical location of the full size image.

Definitely not what you want to do if you want to do 100 at a time...but I can't think of a work around for as brogan said the scripting there is what defines the layout of the thumbs and they act as links and they are using what I would think is the sortable functionality of jquery or something but could be wrong. Either way because of the script I am limited in work around ideas.

Thank for your concern and time. I also tried a lot couldn't get through and thought if there is anything can be done. Because if you wish to send email of those thumbnail it can be done, therefore if it would be nice if made available.

:)

Top Bottom