How do I display an attachment that I've previously uploaded?

cwe

Say I post a message and attach an image. Later, I am posting another (separate/distinct) message and I want to display the image I had previously uploaded. How do I do that?

OK. That's what I have been doing, but I thought I remembered once being able to select an attachment that had been previously uploaded. It's possible that I'm confusing XF attachments with the system used by another forum platform though.

I don't know how much work it would be, but it would be user friendly if the Attach Files button on the message editor frame allowed you to select a previously uploaded file.

It's possible with media gallery, but not with attachments uploaded to posts.

It's possible that I'm confusing XF attachments with the system used by another forum platform though.
It's very likely you are... and there it has been commented on for over a decade that it would be nice to have the ability to re-use your already uploaded attachments without having to jump through hoops to get the image URL from another thread, copy it then paste it into a new post.
I think there may be a suggestion out there (don't remember if it's in the closed or open area) for this feature.

Top Bottom