XF 1.2 How do I create a forum viewable only to moderators?

leemy

As in the title-- How do I create a forum viewable only to moderators?

This is good for private topics. The 'not listed in node tree' option I do not believe answers this, as it is still linkable/public. I suppose taking the next step and disallowing that folder from google would help, but still.

Is Social Groups the answer to this? It seems like overkill for what I want to do. This was stock in SMF.

As in the title-- How do I create a forum viewable only to moderators?

This is good for private topics. The 'not listed in node tree' option I do not believe answers this, as it is still linkable/public. I suppose taking the next step and disallowing that folder from google would help, but still.

Is Social Groups the answer to this? It seems like overkill for what I want to do. This was stock in SMF.

Just use the usergroup node permissions, or set it as a private node and set individual user node permissions.

Solved, thanks. I set it as a Private node and explicitly enabled All permissions for Admin and Mods.

This is probably more powerful than the visibility level on SMF, but it wasn't as clear. * shrug *

Solved, thanks. I set it as a Private node and explicitly enabled All permissions for Admin and Mods.

This is probably more powerful than the visibility level on SMF, but it wasn't as clear. * shrug *

If it works, don't fix it :P

@leemy it isn't necessary, and normal usergroups would make more sense in this case, Brogan is right. The xenForo permissions system can be confusing some times...

Top Bottom