How did you hear about Xenforo ?

I was really tired with Vbulletin.. it seemed so "Dead" compared to how it used to be. The software wasn't innovating, and it was going in the wrong direction. I was on VB.org website and someone was venting on how rubbish VB had become and how great Xenforo was. I had never heard of Xenforo. I googled, and I came here. I saw a lot of familiar "Old" names from VB. They seemed to know what they were doing, and that is how i came to stop using software that I had used for 7 years and use something totally new..

Some of my favorite sites were on VB. That was the software that I was going to use when I started my own. Years later when I was ready to make the move I thought I should research it before buying it. While doing so I would hear all these people talking about some new software called xenForo. I ignored it at first because my mind was made up years before.

After seeing pages and pages of people mentioning xenForo I decided to take a look. I liked what I saw and started to read more about it. In the end I felt like it was a good fit for what I wanted so I went for it. The rest is history.

James

The folks at vb made this nice post about the legal risks for present vb customers in using Xenforo, a new product released by KAM. So, I decided to check out this site. Bought a license the same day. Probably that was the last nice thing that I got out of visiting vb.com! ;)

no idea where i saw it in aug. 2010. it looked so pretty nice that i bought license same year(oct) even i'm vB license holder since 2001. 3 years later i converted my personal vB forum to xenForo. still have one in vB running but it's time to get another one XF license.
i LOVE xenForo. (y)

When the admin of the board I was modding at deleted his site, peeps asked me to make another site. So while I was looking to create a site I started looking at all the forum softwares out there and vBulletin 4 was the best choice at the time. When I looked at Xenforo (as a guest) I didn't like the small avatars, no postbit info or signatures. That turned me off from Xenforo and is probably turning peeps off from it to this very day. Not every guest has seen a Xenforo forum that doesn't have these small avatars, no postbit info or signatures.

Top Bottom